Vmp gen3r egr hook up.

Donny24

Established Member
Hey, was having a hard time getting the egr tube hooked up , I tried using there stubs and the stock bolts to get everything to line up with no luck there something I am missing or is it just a pain to get hooked up.
Image1634036819.186090.jpg
Image1634036819.186090.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Hey, was having a hard time getting the egr tube hooked up , I tried using there stubs and the stock bolts to get everything to line up with no luck there something I am missing or is it just a pain to get hooked up. View attachment 1723559View attachment 1723559

Just a giant pain in the ass. You have long tubes? I did it with the engine out and had to heat the tube and bend it a little. Was talking to another shop recently and the owner said it's a pain on all especially those with LTs. I've done it with stock logs and ARH headers was a bitch both times.

Then Mustang Magic deleted it without asking...

Donny24

Established Member
Damn lol. It’s been a pain in the ass for the last 2 hours so I gave up last night. Still on the stock manifolds. I would try and heat it up alittle but there’s to much stuff up there for a Torch , I was trying to think of a way to bend it a hair down but can’t think of anything right now

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn lol. It’s been a pain in the ass for the last 2 hours so I gave up last night. Still on the stock manifolds. I would try and heat it up alittle but there’s to much stuff up there for a Torch , I was trying to think of a way to bend it a hair down but can’t think of anything right now

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

can you put a heat gun right on that pipe? like literally on it instead?

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Could you remove the egr valve from the blower, then put the tube into the egr valve, tighten it finger tight, then put the egr onto the blower and tighten it all up? If you absolutely couldn't do that and had to add heat to bend it, use a big arse piece of flame retardant material laid under it and have an extinguisher within arms reach.

Donny24

Established Member
Could you remove the egr valve from the blower, then put the tube into the egr valve, tighten it finger tight, then put the egr onto the blower and tighten it all up? If you absolutely couldn't do that and had to add heat to bend it, use a big arse piece of flame retardant material laid under it and have an extinguisher within arms reach.

I kinda tried that it lined up alittle better , then I tired the stock bolts. But I stopped I didn’t want to cross thread the bolts. Yeah I need to try and get heat in there some how. Man this is a pain in the ass

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I'd just delete that crap and pack it away in a box. If passing inspections are tough where you live, I doubt whoever does your inspections is going to overlook the non carb compliant blower staring right at them but then hassle you about the missing egr.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd just delete that crap and pack it away in a box. If passing inspections are tough where you live, I doubt whoever does your inspections is going to overlook the non carb compliant blower staring right at them but then hassle you about the missing egr.

or cap the header, leave that end in the blower going nowhere with a cap on the other end, kinda like running a hollowed out cat or cat shield with no cat inside

Donny24

Established Member

Just worried about the light. They won’t turn the code off anymore

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
or cap the header, leave that end in the blower going nowhere with a cap on the other end, kinda like running a hollowed out cat or cat shield with no cat inside
Think the header was capped and the other end of that tube was pinched closed on my 94. Been a looong time. Egr is such bs. I feel real sorry for these newer cars with di. Especially the diesels.

Users who are viewing this thread