VMP HE install help 2011

Fang

Established Member
Having a hard time with a couple things. The pump mount location is right on the horns. What did you do about this? What hoses did you use on the install and how did you route? The passenger side hose is now too short. If I use the one that came with the package there isn't enough for the other side. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
The horns are located in front of the radiator on the 07-09, so you might want to relocate yours.
I used the hose that comes with the kit from the pump outlet to HE inlet, you'll need to buy another one for tank to pump inlet.

Fang

Established Member
Ok so on the passenger side hose, I guess I need a male to male adapter to just make the hose longer since it is already molded to the shape needed but it just a little short. The horn is going to need to be relocated. The bracket for the pump just makes it rest on the horn and too tight. Guess I will have to butt splice the wiring and move it somewhere else. Also going to need another adapter for the hose on the drivers side from tank to pump. The air deflectors need to be trimmed on the drivers side because they rest on top of the HE and will probably melt to it. Looks like a quality product but the directions for the 10-12 install on the VMP site are not listing these things and probably should.

fishpick

Established Member
This is how Whipple has you do it...

Attachments

• 11-14_Ford_Mustang_RevA1R5_Low_pdf__page_42_of_59__and_SSDevAndRefGuide_pdf__page_481_of_1_127_.jpg
    11-14_Ford_Mustang_RevA1R5_Low_pdf__page_42_of_59__and_SSDevAndRefGuide_pdf__page_481_of_1_127_.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 87

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I remember unbolting the horns from the mounting bracket and arranging them in a manner that they cleared the assembly.

As they are hidden behind the front bumper anyway, it doesnt matter how they are oriented as long as they are connected and make noise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Ok so on the passenger side hose, I guess I need a male to male adapter to just make the hose longer since it is already molded to the shape needed but it just a little short.

I just routed it so it would reach the HE outlet. I don't remember exactly how I did it and unfortunately I don't have a picture but it was easy to do.
Just play with it and you'll get there in no time.

I agree that VMP needs to revise their instructions, its the same deal on the 07-09. Honestly though, its not that difficult to figure it out.

Fang

Established Member
I remember unbolting the horns from the mounting bracket and arranging them in a manner that they cleared the assembly.

As they are hidden behind the front bumper anyway, it doesnt matter how they are oriented as long as they are connected and make noise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

True that, I guess I just get to anal about making everything as stock and tight as possible. Just seems weird that its not even mentioned. All is good, I will figure it out.

Fang

Established Member
I just routed it so it would reach the HE outlet. I don't remember exactly how I did it and unfortunately I don't have a picture but it was easy to do.
Just play with it and you'll get there in no time.

I agree that VMP needs to revise their instructions, its the same deal on the 07-09. Honestly though, its not that difficult to figure it out.

I ended up getting some male to male heater hose connectors to lengthen the stock hose. I tried to route the hose that came with the kit but did not like that bends did not have a molded turn and possibility of kinks up top. There literally was no way to get the stock hose to the outlet correctly. I'll post pics later.

Fang

Established Member
Here are some pics of the install. Kept all hoses original and just added to them so I could go back later if needed. I ended up reverse mounting the horns on the other side of the mount area. Worked out pretty good.

IMG_8434.jpg
IMG_8435.jpg
IMG_8436.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread