VMP Intercooler Pump

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
This may have to be my next mod. I’m trying to lower IAT2s without doing an aftermarket Intercool just yet. I have a bigger IC tank coming and I’ll see what that does. This KB makes some heat and the stock setup isn’t performing very well.

SKREWED

IIRC I opened the holes in the clamp and used the bolt that holds the pump bracket to the car. I didn't use the stock bracket at all.
Gotcha thanks, I’ll see what it looks like trying it that way. Hoses and everything still line up fine and it have good flow? Was a little concerned with posts about “aerating” the coolant but figured it should be fine with stock lines, intercooler, Moroso tank, and Afco dual pass.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Gotcha thanks, I’ll see what it looks like trying it that way. Hoses and everything still line up fine and it have good flow? Was a little concerned with posts about “aerating” the coolant but figured it should be fine with stock lines, intercooler, Moroso tank, and Afco dual pass.
Everything lined up fine. It's been under there for a while now. I did have the cavitation issue. I had to fill the tank up to be level with the inlet.

hatchke

Established Member
I'm running the VMP brushless pump and seems to be doing just fine tbh. I popped the reservoir lid while it was running and it moves a LOT of coolant around - much more than the factory unit was. Not exactly scientific, but I swapped out my OEM unit when I was doing my AFCO, water pump, etc and wanted as much original cooling stuff as possible

Users who are viewing this thread