VMP TVS 08 GT500 Thrashes ROAD COURSE

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Both videos were a nice Wednesday morning wake-me-up. :) Nicely set up GT-500 there! Taking no prisoners. :rockon:

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
A few pics from the EVENT.

file_zpsc2wnoiex.jpg

file_zpspzk6qeri.jpg

file_zpsk0xi8plu.jpg

file_zpsehd7gfwm.jpg

file_zpsvgrflnuh.jpg

file_zpsb0wksx9n.jpg

file_zpsmy1gukko.jpg

file_zpssvmnx4lk.jpg

BMR Tech

Nice.

Looks like someone needs more negative camber. I assume that is the outside shoulder on a front tire?

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Nice.

Looks like someone needs more negative camber. I assume that is the outside shoulder on a front tire?

Yes it is, but more wear, as opposed to improper set-up.

4 Events on these R6s, 3 at TMP and 1 at Mosport, they owe me nothing and pretty happy with the R6s.

The fronts are 265/35/19 and will replace them with a 275/30/19.

oldmodman

Established Member
Did you determine what was "going on"?

I couldn't tell from what was being said and I could not make out the gauges.:shrug:

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Did you determine what was "going on"?

I couldn't tell from what was being said and I could not make out the gauges.:shrug:

Yeah, basically after 5 or 6 laps my intercooler pump stops working...

Has been going on for years, I have replaced it and then even retrofitted the 2013-14 GT500 Pump and then went back to the 07-12 spec, there seems to be something that is shutting it off as we have determined there is nothing wrong with the myriad of pumps that have been tried.

On this day, I simply pulled the relay and jumped the intercooler pump so it would run all the time and the car ran great, and would just pull out the wire when I came into the pits, but it sure would be nice to find a solution rather than a stop gap.

file_zpsfkc5iblc.jpg

file_zpsabiy4hfl.jpg

I am not the only one with this issue, there are many Road Raced GT500s that have this intermittent pump issue and sure wish there was a permanent fix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread