VMP TVS installed! Holy %&$#!

iwannacobra5

Established Member
thanks to BJ and a great write up on the "how to" section, we got the VMP TVS installed today with absolutely no issues whatsoever. BJ has been super patient with me over the last week or so answering EVERY question i had no matter what time it was. he was even on the phone with me around 10pm one night while we were playing with the handheld on the car checking the tune. we are lucky to have him as a vendor on this site!

this is truly is a bolt on...take the old one off and slap the new one on...simple... of course i did my homework beforehand which made it easier. it was a fun install.... much more fun than suspension stuff! took us about 4 hrs total of easy work...

here is what we installed:

colder plugs
TVS with 2.6 pulley and 90mm idler
FRPP CJ 65MM TB
JLT 127MM CF intake
tune

the power and torque is crazy good and blows the stock power out of the water. the easiest way to describe the new power is "holy f**king s**t batman!" the best part about is it drives JUST LIKE stock except when you punch it. then the rear digs in and you better hang on! idles at 800 rmp just like stock, and it "learned" the new tune really quick.

here are some before and after pics...

before:

Engine-Before_zps34fedc35.jpg

after:

Engine-After_zps67c47051.jpg

now, where are those chevy's hiding?

Last edited:

moncho

Established Member
Congrats! Gots to be exciting lots of satisfaction and mucho powah....

Hoping to join the club...sometime...

Cheers,
Ray

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I needed a BAP on stock injectors with stock TB and 113mm FRPP intake. I was runnin outa fuel at 5900rpms. Might wanna data log those injectors. looks like your put down more power than my set up.

fullboogie

Established Member
That's my point - we have nearly the same setup. The only exceptions are that you have a 127mm and I have a 123mm - and you have a 2.6" pulley and I have a 2.4". I just logged today for the first time, and I'm at 96+% injector duty cycle. Not what I wanted to see with a BAP.

03blueslobra

Established Member
I got a VMP with a 2.5. But I have the stock throttle body for now and from what BJ said at high rpm I was hitting high 90s. I want to get a return style system for the car I just need my money tree to start growing lol.

iwannacobra5

Established Member
yea, i figure i'll be running out of fuel with the larger tb and intake. good news is i haven't hit those high rpms for just that reason. i'm hoping to get it on the VMP dyno when they come to houston in march.

fullboogie

Established Member
Wait - what's this about them coming to Houston??? Where are they going to do their dyno sessions?

iwannacobra5

Established Member
i forgot to add that my iat2 temps are even lower than they were with my stock blower. my coolant temps are too, but that's because the fan settings were changed in the tune for my 170 degree tstat.

it also seems like i have smoother shifts... not sure why, but it feels that way so far.

SuperFly03

Established Member
You're making it very hard not to order a VMP TVS and have it installed by the 23rd right now.

VERY difficult. :burnout:

Definitely want some VMP lovin on the Shelby.

Users who are viewing this thread