Voltage dropping at WOT pulls. Need Help!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine oscillates into the 14's after being heat soaked as you describe. That's in cab so add another .5v at the battery poles ad previously described. I'm running a 170a Billet Tech, non adjustable and internal regulator.

Maybe those are better? I'm not sure if mine is still the oem alt? I bought the car with 20k miles and it's at 26k now. I planned on trying a ford racing one when the time comes. When I seen my volts at it's lowest point going wot, it was dark out. So I had headlights, foglights, and stereo on. I believe that's when mine was around 12.1-12.3 range.

bg90coupe

Established Member
I'm having the exact same problem. My voltage drops to 11.9 at 6000 rpm under wot. This is with a brand new ford racing alternator with 4g power and grounds. I have twin gt pumps and bap with wiring upgrade. When I log fuel pump voltage it is 14.25 at 6k. Car does not go lean but it still bothers me. Anybody have any suggestions? Could my new alt be bad?

First-on-race-day

Established Member
I sure hope we can figure this shit out soon. So far I've tried 3 ford alternators all new grounds and upgraded my alt to fuse box feed and today on the way home it stayed between 13.1 - 12.5 and when I cracked it it saw 11 and I wanted to drive it into the trees.
Did u ever figure out your voltage issues?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread