Volvo Beast... yes a Volvo

Imatk

Established Member
Was driving around this weekend and on a fairly straight road coming up to a redlight.

Two lanes... Volvo is in the right lane so I get into the open left lane thinking.. the Volvo was going to be slow since it was a station wagon and looked to be slightly older.

Took off from the light and opened the GT500 up for fun... not trying to race at all mind you... just a little WOT fun.

Friggin Volvo BLASTS past me!

So we get to the next light. Unfortunately this time there was a car in my lane... so I get behind the Volvo.

This time I'm thinking, "Ok now I wanna see what this Volvo can actually do!"

Light turns green and she hammers it (chick driving) and I kept up with her but holy crap... I wasn't gaining very fast.

One of the coolest things I've ever seen honestly.

I mean I wouldn't want to drive a Volvo station wagon but if I did... it would be THAT one!

Imatk

Established Member
I have no idea what model it was... I don't know much about them. It was boxy and a station wagon. Didn't look terribly "new" either.

My guess is someone took an old Volvo and made it a sleeper.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thats was likely the Volvo V90. It has a 8 cylinder engine and has over 400 hp. Pretty stout DD grocery getter. It makes like 300+ hp from gas motor and another 100 hp from electric motor.

Imatk

Established Member
Just looked that up... it wasn't that one, but I think it was the V70

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
V90 is probably too new based on the description. V70 has that boxy look.
Image1593183683.093515.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
There is a small but super passionate turbo volvo tuning community. You can make huge power with the V70 motor (2.5 turbo IIRC). The motors are stout and there are a couple of different turbo options. 400-500whp is pretty easy although the transmissions are a weak spot though.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I like that it's got the stealth factor. You have to know what you're looking at it to appreciate it. The average person just thinks is a lame wagon. If a manual trans were an option, I'd rock one. If it is, I've never seen it. Same drive train as an S60R I'd imagine which was available in manual.

Imatk

Established Member
Yeah that's exactly what I thought until she blew past me :)

I mean even on the second go-round the car was fast! Not as fast as mine, but I have the TVS and about 600 at the crank.

Users who are viewing this thread