VooDoo Blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So this guy should just own an automatic Corolla instead of a manual-trans performance car?
Mis-shifting from 3rd to 2nd when WOT?
Was that the claim that he didn't even touch on in his rambling response?

Did it a couple of times with my 04 cobra. Very piss poor design. 07-14 GT500's also have a bad designed shifter. Never driven a GT350 so can't say if the shifter would have anything to do with. Do we know the OP actually missed a gear?

krt22

Established Member
Did it a couple of times with my 04 cobra. Very piss poor design. 07-14 GT500's also have a bad designed shifter. Never driven a GT350 so can't say if the shifter would have anything to do with. Do we know the OP actually missed a gear?

You have to put some effort pushing the shifter horizontally for the 2-3 shift (ive hit the gate 2-3 times now). So a 3-2 downshift would require a pretty hamfisted individual

JodieK

Ford S.M. Tech (retired)
Established Member
Flying Harley, what did the Shelby mechanic mean when he said they did an "open tune while driving?" Did they reprogram the pcm? Was there a calibration update, and if so was the failure related to it?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You have to put some effort pushing the shifter horizontally for the 2-3 shift (ive hit the gate 2-3 times now). So a 3-2 downshift would require a pretty hamfisted individual

Regarding the GT350 or an 03/04 cobra? 03/04 cobra had a very vague shifter.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I've heard of people with all cars throwing it in 1st instead of 3rd lol. It just comes down to people not knowing how to drive. That's why they get the auto.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
TAHC_Enigma_inner_lid_up.jpg

Pee hath trickled.

conceptmachine

Established Member
No insults here, sorry. I wouldn't expect a company to pay for my mistakes. Get the auto z06...maybe the fat cat if you want a straight liner. Whatever it is, just make sure it's an auto, why cause more grief for ones self.

krt22

Established Member
I was hoping after the dismal shifters in the 03/04's then 07-14 GT500's they'd finally get it right.

Im sure it could be better, but I like it better than the MT82. The MGW piece that Tob has leaked looks fantastic however.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Truth be told, George leaked this photo of a development unit on has Facebook page.

12742699_1515151522114579_7425471249221635363_n.jp  g

As far as I'm concerned...

[video=youtube;UmzsWxPLIOo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo[/video]

93oh

Established Member
Don't know why any of you clowns are mean to him he posted info as to the car. He beat on it, it blew up, they fixed it. All of a sudden one jackass is an English teacher and the other is espousing that a friend of a friend of a sister of a cousin's mother heard he missed a shift. Like hearsay upon hearsay. Encourage knowing what's up if you even own the car in the first place.. Which many of you don't so aren't there other sub forums?

liter of cola

Established Member
Don't know why any of you clowns are mean to him he posted info as to the car. He beat on it, it blew up, they fixed it. All of a sudden one jackass is an English teacher and the other is espousing that a friend of a friend of a sister of a cousin's mother heard he missed a shift. Like hearsay upon hearsay. Encourage knowing what's up if you even own the car in the first place.. Which many of you don't so aren't there other sub forums?

nail on the head, lol... this thread got interesting. you got my support bro, but careful speaking my mind is what got me banned last month.

Last edited:

93oh

Established Member
Each are grown men on here one would assume. If stating the obvious gets me banned... So be it. If their child was on a forum they'd be first group yelling "cyber bullying". How about just acting the way you would in person when someone was arms length of you and be somewhat polite. You'd again assume with car lists these people allege these are somewhat successful old men that should know better... Incredulous part to me is that they don't even own the car and post banter. As an owner of the car yes I say he should have broken it in and also was interested that he posted a possible issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread