VooDoo Blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I have a 350R and I know people the OP spoke with personally. So am I allowed to comment and who is talking about cousins sisters mom?

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I have no problem commenting on something to protect the integrity of friends at another local dealership. We take care of each other.

AAG

Established Member
I have no problem commenting on something to protect the integrity of friends at another local dealership. We take care of each other.

Do you have proof that he miss shifted? If you dont, then you are smearing his name and making you and the company you work for look bad.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Making Ford look bad because I wanted consumers to have accurate information? I haven't released his name and never intend to. Being able to Google my screen name isn't going to get you anywhere to try to make me look bad. I've been here a while and know a lot of car people in DFW who can attest to my morals and standards. I'll stand by anything I say. If people don't appreciate good information that's fine with me but that's what I intended to provide and will always do so.

AAG

Established Member
So you have no proof of the miss shift you claim happened and the vehicle wasn't fixed at the dealership you work at?

You've provided no good information, you made assumptions of what you THINK happened.

If the OP had miss shifted, there is no way Ford would have picked up the bill for a Voodoo engine. Hell, the dealership my sis got her truck from had to wait a couple of days for approval from Ford to replace a wheel (chrome cap) that arrived damaged through transport.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't see any problem with Josh pointing out that OP missed a shift, if that's factual.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I don't see any problem with Josh pointing out that OP missed a shift, if that's factual.

if. Now if it had been my new car purchased I probably wouldn't have gone WOT no matter how far I pulled the RPM's to well over 500 miles.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
if. Now if it had been my new car purchased I probably wouldn't have gone WOT no matter how far I pulled the RPM's to well over 500 miles.

Josh has his name tied to his comment...if he made that up, he's an idiot. I don't know him from Joe the Plumber...but I'd bet it's factual.

I completely agree with you. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I have proof but I'm not the prosecutor. Ford had the information and fixed the customers car ASAP anyway. If anything that makes Ford look better.

I ONLY wanted consumers to have accurate information. If that makes me the bad guy so be it. My reputation here in DFW speaks for itself and I have NO problem standing behind my comments.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I have proof but I'm not the prosecutor. Ford had the information and fixed the customers car ASAP anyway.

I'm really not interested in anything other than more about the above quote. Can you comment specifically on what this proof is and how it was rooted?

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
We have 2 built but none are here yet and probably won't be for another couple months.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I'm really not interested in anything other than more about the above quote. Can you comment specifically on what this proof is and how it was rooted?

I have no history of trying to start drama for no reason and that wasn't my intention here. I was given information from 3 different parties (I dug for information because I ordered a R before I started working here and was curious to the issue) who had direct contact with the OP and the OPs vehicle. Like I said before all I wanted to do was share that information with the members here. They can take the info or leave it. I'm not here to give out personal info or represent Fords decisions about the repairs of the vehicle.

I felt the need to deliver the information I knew so that the most accurate information was presented while protecting, as best I can, the people who gave me the information. Again, if that makes me the bad guy so be it.

Last edited:

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The OP's post, # 64, dated 02/16/2016
" Voodoo update

So if you keep everybody in the loop. Ford was fantastic with their warranty and quick to get a replacement motor. They said it was the only fully assembled crate motor in the United States. Ford flew in the brass to inspect the teardown of the factory motor. It threw a rod bearing on the #4 cylinder. The head engineer left with the piston in Rod in a briefcase. They were given specific direction on installing the new motor and told the head mechanic to put 100 breaking miles per the engineers specifications. I picked up the car. drove it for a day and a half and check engine light came on. Dropped it of today at Ford service and was notified of a misfire on number four and number eight cylinder. Getting plugs for it tomorrow and going from there. I'm really trying to keep my cool but why would a brand-new motor have problems with the spark plugs? There are some second hand things that were said to me that I don't want to disclose at this time. i've gone from motorcross to shifter karts To road racing. I'm not going to abuse this motor when its new!! Have I opened it up some ? Yes. This is acting Like a race motor that is tuned to the edge.
If they have to tear down the top end tomorrow I'm going to be sick ! "
............This is the info I'm interested in !

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I have no history of trying to start drama for no reason and that wasn't my intention here. I was given information from 3 different parties (I dug for information because I ordered a R before I started working here and was curious to the issue) who had direct contact with the OP and the OPs vehicle. Like I said before all I wanted to do was share that information with the members here. They can take the info or leave it. I'm not here to give out personal info or represent Fords decisions about the repairs of the vehicle.

I felt the need to deliver the information I knew so that the most accurate information was presented while protecting, as best I can, the people who gave me the information. Again, if that makes me the bad guy so be it.

You missed the point of my question. I'm not asking for drama - just more specificity. You state you were given information and I'm not trying to argue its accuracy or your honesty. I'm simply looking for the source, within the vehicle, that stored the data. As well as what the data said.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I'm sure your a fine example of how your dealership does business….lol…..

I can personally vouch for the level and quality of Josh's service as a representative of his dealer.

So you have no proof of the miss shift you claim happened and the vehicle wasn't fixed at the dealership you work at?

You've provided no good information, you made assumptions of what you THINK happened.

If the OP had miss shifted, there is no way Ford would have picked up the bill for a Voodoo engine. Hell, the dealership my sis got her truck from had to wait a couple of days for approval from Ford to replace a wheel (chrome cap) that arrived damaged through transport.

It's not his place to prove or disprove the allegation. He's a customer here more than anything else, so it's well within reason for him to do the most research physically possible before signing over a serious chunk of change on a car that may have issues. And in his position, he as access to information us plebs can not, and should not have. If anything, he should be respected for NOT smearing the name and information across the forums in an effort to "save" his dealer, company, and future car. But he isn't. That should say something?

I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't plan on buying a GT350 at this time, it's not my halo car on the line, and I don't have a 40+ year beef with Camaros. I've actually owned one.

I do know that Josh is one to provide information as he has it, and as he is able to do. I've talked with him on this subject at length. I believe what he says. I have no reason to do so; I'm not buying one, from him or anyone. I know the reputation of the person in question, and the car scene in this town is not large. I know more than ANYONE in this town how reputations can be earned but not deserved, so I'm the last to make a snap judgement on someone based on heresay...that should say something as well.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I understand. Just wanted it to be clear. All I have is communication from people I trust. The information I have was that the OP told 2 different individuals that the failure happened when he missed a shift. I got information from a 3rd that there was an over rev situation. Don't know the details of it and don't know first hand if that information was pulled from the vehicle.

AAG

Established Member
KWClutch appears to have had no direct connection to the repair/service done to this vehicle from what I've read. Also, should a different dealership be providing proof of a miss shift to a salesman at a different dealer? That seems shady in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread