Vortech Coyote vs F1X GTO and 6766 Supra

gofast15

Established Member
Nice races , your car runs very hard . That GTO is a disappointment , 400+CI built motor , big F1X blower and it couldn't pull stock motor 5.0 with small V3 blower making ~250rwhp less but but but ... he had so much more fun heaving manual trans in his car

DSS

Established Member
nice races OP

Nice races , your car runs very hard . That GTO is a disappointment , 400+CI built motor , big F1X blower and it couldn't pull stock motor 5.0 with small V3 blower making ~250rwhp less but but but ... he had so much more fun heaving manual trans in his car

hmmm.. what about the small 6 cylinder import with a stock motor that was released in 1991?

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
nice races OP

hmmm.. what about the small 6 cylinder import with a stock motor that was released in 1991?

I'm pretty sure he was taking shots at the people who would rather drive a manual (because 'hur dur I'm a man') than have an automatic, given how much faster it is (all things equal).

As far as that Supra; it's nothing new to see a Supra doing work from a roll. It's a 3,500lb car with 700whp. I kinda expect it to just go. Lol

DarkMach1

Established Member
Don't be afraid to rev it. Don't rev it for no reason but if it makes power up top, rev it til it doesn't. If it's an 11-14 then be a bit more careful.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Car is a 2013... he needs to watch the rpms...

I'm not sure it's RPM alone causing OPG failures though. It's two stepping and missing shifts, none of which should be a concern for an automatic.

The biggest weak point on the '11-14 cars, aside from OPGs is the internals. But even those shouldn't be too big of an issue on a car only making 650ish (again, through an easy-going auto).

DSS

Established Member
I'm pretty sure he was taking shots at the people who would rather drive a manual (because 'hur dur I'm a man') than have an automatic, given how much faster it is (all things equal).

As far as that Supra; it's nothing new to see a Supra doing work from a roll. It's a 3,500lb car with 700whp. I kinda expect it to just go. Lol

well no shit automatics is just stab and go

as for that gto that is very weak running f1x 400ci car

and LOL on the supra

Kiohtee

Established Member
No booster... 3.33 by itself is only 11-12 psi on a v3.

14 on a Paxton.

He's on e85.....

It would still produce more torque and modify the curve. At $700 it's not a bad investment.

Still heavily debating this versus a twin setup.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I honestly don't think there's a big price divide when considering a new centri setup versus a new On3 setup, which will be my case, but both seem to do work on the streets, which is where 98% of my racing will happen. It just makes sense that with an automatic you go turbos.

Sorry for the hijack OP.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Those Supras never get old, I've been watching them roll race since I was a kid and I'm still not tired of them. Your car traps probably low 130's? That Supra is a 135-140 car I would guess.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Those Supras never get old, I've been watching them roll race since I was a kid and I'm still not tired of them. Your car traps probably low 130's? That Supra is a 135-140 car I would guess.

10.8@132 on 93. Going to the track in October to see how it does on E85.

I've been out of the mustang game for over a year, are the CPR or LPF still the go-to for single turbo kits?

CPR or JPC from what I have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread