Vortech install on 96 Cobra

Rev Happy

Established Member
Going to be installing a Vortech T-trim on my car and planning to run about 12 pounds of boost. Right now all I have is the head unit, bracket, and coolant cross over. I compiled a list of what I think I will need but would like to get input on if I'm missing anything, or if I should upgrade to a better part.

Vortech Parts list:

Bracket hardware kit
Air pump relocation Kit
Oil feed kit
Oil Drain Kit
Mondo bypass valve
Mondo Flange aluminum

Other parts needed to install:

Power Pipe - custom made
SCT ba 2600 MAF
60lb injectors
Walbro 400 fuel pump
Custom front mount intercooler

Also, what brand of injectors do you guys recommend and what pulley system should I go with?

Thanks

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Going to be installing a Vortech T-trim on my car and planning to run about 12 pounds of boost. Right now all I have is the head unit, bracket, and coolant cross over. I compiled a list of what I think I will need but would like to get input on if I'm missing anything, or if I should upgrade to a better part.

Vortech Parts list:

Bracket hardware kit
Air pump relocation Kit
Oil feed kit
Oil Drain Kit
Mondo bypass valve
Mondo Flange aluminum

Power Pipe - custom made
SCT ba 2600 MAF
60lb injectors
Walbro 400 fuel pump

Also, what brand of injectors do you guys recommend and what pulley system should I go with?

Thanks

Here's what I would change..
80# injectors
HPX Slot meter. blow thru.
Tial Blow off. It's cheaper and you don't need recirc
Treadstone 1245 intercooler
3" tubing I can show you what you need.
Donathen racing tubular bumper support
Aeromotive 340 in tank

Here's what I have accumulated. Blower bracket shows up on monday. If you want to keep your strut tower brace then you'll need the cast aluminum vortech "B" discharge pipe.

setup.jpg

98 N/A 4V

Established Member

Vortech Parts list:

Bracket hardware kit
Air pump relocation Kit
Oil feed kit
Oil Drain Kit
Mondo bypass valve
Mondo Flange aluminum

Power Pipe - custom made
SCT ba 2600 MAF
60lb injectors
Walbro 400 fuel pump

Thanks

60lbs injectors can get you into the 650rwhp range. With only 12lbs I think you should be around high 5's so 60's would be fine. Siemens Dekka are good ones.
I agree with the HPX MAF and blow through. Easier to tune.
Walbro 400 is plenty of pump. They cheap too! I got mine to my door for 128$.
Around 600hp your stock fuel lines/rails will be enough. However, that big of a pump will probably cause your fuel pressure to be high because the small return is choking it. May have to get a bigger return. WHile you are there might as well do them both. To save on cost, I'd run an -8 AN feed and use the stock feed as your return.
I would ditch your air pump all together and have a tune take it out.
Don't forget about boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge.

-Mark

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Get racetronix sd 60# injectors it's way more than you need for that boost level, you will run out of pump before injector.

If your going blow through with a front Mount you can get any blow off valve. I would not get a mondo, u need to look at the cfm the t trim flows..... Tial q or turbosmart big bubba would be your best bet.

I have a similar setup and learned all this shit the hard way....v1 t trim 3.33 pulley, treadstone fmic, tial q bov, Anderson power pipe, hpx pmas maf, snow stage 2 meth kit, sumped gas tank and magnafuel 625 pump
Into

Don't run a tonsil style maf with a blow through setup you want either a sct ba5000 or hpx pmas maf they have way better driveability and are easier to tune.

Belt slip can also be an issue. They're expensive but i got a thump racing tensioner specifically made for the vortech setup and there is zero slip

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I recommend 80's because they're usually within 20 dollars of 60's, you'll never need to upgrade, ever, and most importantly, EASY TO TUNE!
I have them on both of my Cobras and my tuner pushes for them on everything, even if it were a 300 horse NA build.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I got your PM.. As long as you're waterpump pulley doesn't have a 3/8" ish lip on the FRONT of it, you don't need the "other" water pump pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread