• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Vortech Install Questions (A/C Lines and bracket with A/C silencer)

Discussion in 'SN95 Cobras' started by 97RioRed4V, Jun 22, 2014.

1. 97RioRed4V

97RioRed4V Member Established Member

I was installing my Vortech V2 kit with power pipe today. When I got to A/C lines, I am not sure I understand how much I need to bend the lines. Can someone kindly provide a photo of this? Lastly I redrilled the A/C silencer bracket with a 11/32 bit. Mine is actually a slot. When I went to put the A/C silencer bracket, Vortech Bracket and bolts, the bolts go through the Vortech bracket and the silencer bracket but will not thread in to the engine timing cover. Is there a trick to this? The other bracket bolts are going in. Maybe I am getting too tired! I can't wait to finish!

2. LDC2335

LDC2335 Active Member Established Member

Maybe a dumb question, but you did remove the studs that previously held that bracket on right? Are your sure the hole the bolt goes in is empty..lol Maybe you drilled out the wrong hole....

The A/C doesn't need to be moved that much and can be done mostly, or all the way by hand.

Once you mock up the 90 degree coupler to the supercharger, you'll see how much you need. I'd take a pic, but with the power pipe on there, you cant see it without removing it; and that's a chore.

3. 97RioRed4V

97RioRed4V Member Established Member

LDC2335 I am positive I removed all the studs that were on the timing cover. The hole I drilled was on the A/C silencer bracket and the screws are going through that. Just wondering if the tolerance stackup of the bracket holes and the timing cover are okay. Maybe I will try removing all the other bolts and try the two bolts that go through the A/C silencer bracket first. As for the A/C lines I will mock up the power pipe and see if that will tell me how much to move them. Thanks! I am just dying to finish!