Vortex has belt size

JGDogg10

Established Member
I looked through the forum and couldn’t find anything so I wanted to see if anyone knows the correct belt size for a Mach 1 with a single bolt tensioner, vortech 3.1 pulley with a 7.5” crank pulley and a thump tensioner? I had a 112.4” belt, but it still is eating the belt when I get on it hard, let off and then get back on it(shifting gears). So I feel like there may be some slack causing it to jump. I already laser aligned all the pulleys....

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Where is the tensioner sitting? Is it about halfway or is it sitting more towards one side?

JGDogg10

Established Member
I don’t rememnber exactly, it’s been a while since the belt has actually been on. Gonna try to buy the belt today and put it on and I’ll let you know. But the tensioner should be set at about 80% right? So more towards the drivers side of the car? I’m hoping that the belt was maybe too long and the tensioner was hitting the stop before it could pick up all the belts slack.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I honestly don't remember which way everything went on my 01. But I remember having the tensioner a little past halfway. I never have belt slip issues. This was an F1A with the 8 rib swap.

Users who are viewing this thread