Warranty paint question...has this happened to you?

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
What caused this?
E8A54D32-5555-4AD0-AAC8-0D83C088FA40-2427-00000133FF3C4228.jpg

A139DA93-E1EA-49A8-961B-E1D514D61D2C-2427-00000133FDABE849.jpg

D5651369-40AC-40A9-AC31-0E8596621D7A-2427-00000133FBDC747A.jpg

Dealership said it was cause by my neglect. WTF!

I bought the car in June 3rd 2012 and the car has 5,126 miles on it and it gets detailed every week. It does sit outside in a parking lot but the paint is flawless but here. It looks to me like a contaminant under the paint from the factory. The paint is bubbling and these black pin holes on the bubble is the issue. It not very easy to see and that's why I am just now saying something to the dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratchet

Established Member
Take it to another dealership. Not sure what it is, but it shouldn't be there. You ever notice it before?

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm a champagne addict but I don't like those tiny bubbles. Dealer roulette.

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
neglect. . .Id tell em to bend over and spread their cheeks while you drive that car up some service managers ass. . . . . . . thats dumb as hell you think they would be glad to take FoMoCo's money and repaint the entire side of the car under warranty LOL.

that sucks call customer service and talk to a regional manager also try another dealership. . .

what area are you in ? I might have a phone number for the regional office somewhere. . .I have been there with my car ( my dealership was great it was Corporate that was uncool )

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The bubble is hard to see from the pictures on my laptop...

But are the black dots actually holes? It honestly looks just like oil resin off the roads.

RusWolf

Established Member
My car is black and i had paint issues in pretty much the exact same general area. The difference is that i had some kind of white dots in the paint. Took it to the dealership, the took pictures and sent them to ford. few days later they called me and said that it is covered under warranty and ford approved the repairs.

Basically it was fixed under the warranty and rental was provided to me as well.

Nick Nasty

Established Member
ive got candy red and ive got 3 spots about the size of a pinky that are cracked and flaking, and 1 of those is starting to form rust. Hopefully ill be able to get it to the dealer next time im in town.

Tispho

Established Member
Looks like Solvent pop, I bet your paint starts failing from that area.

Get it fixed. Go to a different dealer. Its definitely not your fault.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Contact ford directly and report dealer and ask for a different dealer to view. Dont go back to that dealer as they would probably do a poor job for running it up to ford.

Sent via talk to text...mistakes expected.

5ohpowa

Established Member
From the pics it looks like the paint is really heavy(almost a run or sag) and when that happens and it is force dried it sometimes solvent pops. Which normally shkw up as white bubbles. Now that youve had the car a little while some contaminates have gotten in and now that its black u see it. Its a paint defect i paint for a living, try another dealer

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Sorry to bump into your thread, similar question not worthy of another thread:
Anybody have a horribly uneven finish on the standard rear spoiler? Mine looks like the paint robot was drunk. Light, dark, light, it really stands out. Fixing the problem with a camera spoiler.

mhyjek

Established Member
I had 2010 edge with white platinum paint and 6 months after purchase it started with same dots but then they rusted brought to dealer and they said it was containment from shipping on rail car ended up 1st detailing but it continued to comeback so they painted the entire SUV

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
If it's worth anything, I also had to spend 2 hours with a clay bar when I first bought it because of rusty metal flakes in the paint. I chalked it up to surface rust coming off the rotors but it was only on the rear bumper. Weird...

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
I had 2010 edge with white platinum paint and 6 months after purchase it started with same dots but then they rusted brought to dealer and they said it was containment from shipping on rail car ended up 1st detailing but it continued to comeback so they painted the entire SUV

I have a rusty flake that keeps appearing up on the rear bumper. I have to use a clay bar every wash on the bumper only. I wonder if I have the same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread