Was hard to get into 5th now 6th..

Gun5

Established Member
Well when I first bought the car it was hard to get into 5th.. so I did the counter-weight mod and the clutch sensor one aswell as royal purple fluid when I did my driver side axle seal...

(Also pulled the orange thing and reset the shifter when I did the C-W mod)

now when I try to go 6th sometimes its like hitting a wall other times its fine.. no grinding at all

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
The linkage my be out of wack. Check under the shift boot to make sure it;s all still tight under thier, and follow the linkage from the CW down, thier is a little plastic clip, that will ware out and get loss, eventually they fail, and you'll be stuck in what ever gear your in when it fails. If you can shift with no grinding then the clutch is doing it's job, the linkage is where your problem is.

Good luck.

Gun5

Established Member
The linkage my be out of wack. Check under the shift boot to make sure it;s all still tight under thier, and follow the linkage from the CW down, thier is a little plastic clip, that will ware out and get loss, eventually they fail, and you'll be stuck in what ever gear your in when it fails. If you can shift with no grinding then the clutch is doing it's job, the linkage is where your problem is.

Good luck.

ya the clutch is brand new before I bought the car... I was playing with the cables yesterday the bottom one is pretty easy compared to the top one..... also one of them is burned (not to the core) on the silver heat shielding on the outside of it (think its the top one) where it runs over the CAT

I haven't checked under the center console before I know the previous owner had a short shifter kit on the car before me... how do I go about popping all that up on this car

Users who are viewing this thread