Washington Guys...Get in here. (Lake Chelan)

Arboc13

Established Member
I just received a job offer in the Lake Chelan area. It would require that I move up there for a few years and I was curious if anyone could tell me about the area? (Fishing, Hunting, any outdoor activities) Also curious about any motor sport activities.... I have visited Seattle before but outside of that I have never been anywhere else in WA. Thanks in advance

TheOnlyBFC

Established Member
I just received a job offer in the Lake Chelan area. It would require that I move up there for a few years and I was curious if anyone could tell me about the area? (Fishing, Hunting, any outdoor activities) Also curious about any motor sport activities.... I have visited Seattle before but outside of that I have never been anywhere else in WA. Thanks in advance

If you are after hunting, fishing, and outdoor activities then you are headed to a good spot. Lots of those in the Lake Chelan area. There is a good amount of dirtbiking, four wheeling, and that to be done in the area to. More summertime activities are boating, golfing, etc. If you are into winter sports there is plenty of snowmobiling to do. Winters can get chilly, but i don't think you will see as much snow in the Lake Chelan area as we do on the west side of the mountains.

B0B

Established Member
I beg to differ on the snow part. They get much more snow over there than we do here. Chelan is beautiful. It is the 26th deepest lake in the world. Crystal clear water. The town of Chelan is a tourist attraction it is so nice. If you are into outdoor activities, you will be living the dream over there. There are tons of wheeling activities going on over there, lots of wineries, golf, snowmobiling, dirt biking, hunting, fishing, etc. You're not too far from Wenatchee, which has ever amenity you will need, and you can get into some world class waterfowl and deer hunting within 1 hour from Chelan. I live in Western Washington, and if I had a job opportunity over there that would pay well, I would pick up and move in a heartbeat. And that is saying a lot because I have a pretty nice spot over here on the west side. Chelan is Washington's "Tahoe." What line of work are you going to be in?

Last edited:

80cobra3dr

Established Member
Its a pretty nice area I havent lived there personally but there is a lot of good hunting on the eastern side of the mountains I frequently travel over eas to hunt and fish.

Users who are viewing this thread