Watch aficionados: what would you do?

Kiohtee

Established Member
I've longed for an Omega Speedmaster Professional since I started wearing a watch, roughly 14 years ago. I'm now at a point in life where I can make the purchase comfortably but uncomfortably, because $5,500 watch. The other option I'm leaning toward is to buy a couple lower tier pieces from brands such as Tissot, Citizen, Tag Heuer, Hamiliton, etc. One reason for this thinking is because when I look at myself in my normalcy as well as in my profession, it just doesn't scream Omega. I certainly don't look like the type of person to wear an Omega, but I guess there's really no set standard there.

So SVTP, what would you do? Chances are if I ended up buying a couple pieces, I would try my best not to spend $5,500, but if you have any suggestions feel free to drop them. One or two sport watches and one dress watch preferable.

fangstang

Established Member
You should definitely be able to get an Omega Speedmaster pro for much cheaper then $5500. More like $3200. I love Omega watches. I would not buy a couple of cheap watches instead. Quality of quantity. Besides, that Omega does not scream attention. Its very low key and a classic.

Kiohtee

Established Member
You should definitely be able to get an Omega Speedmaster pro for much cheaper then $5500. More like $3200. I love Omega watches. I would not buy a couple of cheap watches instead. Quality of quantity. Besides, that Omega does not scream attention. Its very low key and a classic.

New? If so, link? I prefer to buy new.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Watches, to me, are just a status symbol. I have a Bulova and it's the most expensive watch I've owned.

Then again, I don't see many IT guys wearing high end watches.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Not a watch guy at all, but i love a watch with all the guts exposed. I’ll rock my breitling navitimer when I’m going to dinner with the wife. Otherwise, I never wear a watch.

I say go for the omega. If it’s something you’ve wanted forever and can swing it, do it. You won’t be happy with a couple cheaper watches

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Watches, to me, are just a status symbol. I have a Bulova and it's the most expensive watch I've owned.

Then again, I don't see many IT guys wearing high end watches.

Ive seen some beautiful watches but I have a hard time letting go of several K for one. I can afford it but at the same time 5k will get you a damned nice vacation, Id rather do that

Machdup1

Established Member
If it makes you happy and you can afford it, do it. I have nice watches and I have everyday beater watches.

Today I’m rocking a “Follie” LOL

e3e60babce2411e4fef6f5639fc4db36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean is my end game watch. I have 3 Tags and one Seamaster 300. Go for it man.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Not a watch guy at all, but i love a watch with all the guts exposed. I’ll rock my breitling navitimer when I’m going to dinner with the wife. Otherwise, I never wear a watch.

I say go for the omega. If it’s something you’ve wanted forever and can swing it, do it. You won’t be happy with a couple cheaper watches

Skeleton watches are like 60% of my watches. I love them also

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I've longed for an Omega Speedmaster Professional since I started wearing a watch, roughly 14 years ago. I'm now at a point in life where I can make the purchase comfortably but uncomfortably, because $5,500 watch. The other option I'm leaning toward is to buy a couple lower tier pieces from brands such as Tissot, Citizen, Tag Heuer, Hamiliton, etc. One reason for this thinking is because when I look at myself in my normalcy as well as in my profession, it just doesn't scream Omega. I certainly don't look like the type of person to wear an Omega, but I guess there's really no set standard there.

So SVTP, what would you do? Chances are if I ended up buying a couple pieces, I would try my best not to spend $5,500, but if you have any suggestions feel free to drop them. One or two sport watches and one dress watch preferable.[/QUOTE

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

blk02edge

Established Member
Just buy the speedy and skip the lower brands. It's so timeless

Users who are viewing this thread