Water leak?! Drivers Side door, water sloshing sound???

spc9669

Established Member
Every time it rains I can hear water sloshing around near the drivers side of the car. Could the water be leaking into the door? Is this normal? Interior seems dry, but I can still hear the noise. Sounds like its the drivers side door.

Goes away when it drys up outside. Has happened twice now. Car is 100% stock besides tinted windows. Thanks.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
my passengerside door does this if i use a pressure washer and shot it at the door for awhile.

spc9669

Established Member
Well this makes me feel better. Is the plug near the hinge of the door? What does it look like?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
At the very front of the door where the Outter skin wraps around the inner skin is a little hole where the inner skin doesn't go all the way into the pocket created by the outter. That little gap is where water should drain out of.

spc9669

Established Member
Pulled out the little plastic piece on both sides. Drained a ton of water, guess it was plugged. Whats even the point of the plastic?

Tispho

Established Member
Pulled out the little plastic piece on both sides. Drained a ton of water, guess it was plugged. Whats even the point of the plastic?

LOL. The dealer was suppose to remove them when they delivered your vehicle.

They just forgot. I don't see any reason to have them in. Other than to prevent brown recluse spiders from nesting inside.

Last edited:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Mine has them too. I'll have to pull them out then. Always drains from front, I see it ehen drying door jams after a wash.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
LOL. The dealer was suppose to remove them when they delivered your vehicle.

They just forgot. I don't see any reason to have them in. Other than to prevent brown recluse spiders from nesting inside.

is that really part of the pdi? i dont think anyone pulls them out

Users who are viewing this thread