Water leak in car

kanine

Established Member
I would like to know if anyone else have a problem like this. I have a 14 GT. I just noticed last week water leaked into the interior of my car around the rear passenger floor. Only the carpet around the edges of the rear passenger seat was wet. I have no idea how it got in. I air dried and wet vaccummed most of it out, it felt dry and then yesterday we had a lot of rain. Today I went to check on it and the same area is wet again. Anyone know how water might have got into that back area?

The good thing is the car is still under full warranty and should be covered, but I need the car for this week and will not be able to bring it in till end of the week.

Byst500

Established Member
I had the same problem in my 05 mustang. Under the cowel was filling up with water and then it would flow in through the heat vents I believe. In a heavy rain when I would start driving it would pour from under the glove box. If I remember correctly its cause under the cowel was filled up with leaves and shit, so I cleaned that out and the water would drain like it should. Hope this helps

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Take the car in to get fixed you should be able to get a rental.

kanine

Established Member
Thanks, I went to wet vac it out tonight after the rain stopped, it may be coming from the front, I'm not sure, but there is water all along the edge of the passenger side from under the dash and I guess it all settled in the back, my car is park in my driveway and it is slightly angled down. I guess all the water ran from the front down and settled in the back passenger side. I will definitely check under the cowel and around the front of the car tomorrow to see if there is any clogs.

bullet3z

Established Member
Get that to the Dealer as soon as possible. Water leaks can be a pain to track down. Water will follow the path of least resistance. That's why it is hard to track down the source. Your padding under the carpet will need to be replaced or else you will have a odor problem. Trust me, you will not get it completely dry unless you tear all the wet padding out and replace it. This will all be covered under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread