Water pumps

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
OK, My stock 2001 Lightning has 170K and I am in-process of replacing the drive belts, which were last done at 85K miles as were the spark plugs. I am thinking I should change the water pump while I am at it. But, Ford no longer services the water pump and a quick check of other sites and no Motorcraft pumps are listed. So, what is my best choice for a water pump source?

Dusten

Established Member
The issue is most will only sell a standard 5.4 water pump now, which requires an adapter or an E-fan to work.
This is the correct pump

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/WP_58580

Here is the difference. long snow is lightning
navipump5.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If possible try and go with an OEM motorcraft water pump

Dusten

Established Member

Dusten

Established Member
So your saying there arent any out there?
Not anywhere ive found unless the dealers got a supply.

The napa part I posted is a quality unit.

Even tasca shows not listing. Ford only prduces parts for ten years past the model run... thats 2014

300888ee09bc84e699a04c864b566faf.jpg

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
if you can find the snout spacer somewhere, the OEM Ford Navigator water pump has always been a popular and efficient replacement. Mike @ MAD Enterprises used to make the spacers, but I'm pretty sure he passed away a few years ago. Or you can switch to electric fan.

Dusten

Established Member
if you can find the snout spacer somewhere, the OEM Ford Navigator water pump has always been a popular and efficient replacement. Mike @ MAD Enterprises used to make the spacers, but I'm pretty sure he passed away a few years ago. Or you can switch to electric fan.
Yes. He passed away years ago.

Swapping to an efan is a lot of work, for little gain just because you can't find the right pump

Dano.G

If you go with the efan and the standard water pump the efan alone is 400+. However, to each his own. Just informing that you can get one, if you want one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dusten

Established Member
If you go with the efan and the standard water pump the efan alone is 400+. However, to each his own. Just informing that you can get one, if you want one.

The one from napa is correct for a lightning... No efan needed.

Dano.G

I see. That would be the one to go with then.I only saw the pic of the 2 pumps being compared. One was used (long) the other was new (short). Napa it is.

Users who are viewing this thread