Wax Residue Off Black Plastic Trim?

mikengail

Established Member
Any recommendations for getting old dried car wax off the black plastic trim? I already have Mother's Back-to-Black, but none of the trim on mine and my wife's Mustangs are sun faded at all. Thanks in advance.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Any recommendations for getting old dried car wax off the black plastic trim? I already have Mother's Back-to-Black, but none of the trim on mine and my wife's Mustangs are sun faded at all. Thanks in advance.
I've used Adam's All Purpose Cleaner (APC) and a microfiber utility towel and/or toothbrush. I've also heard of others using a tennis ball in place of the towel/brush and peanut butter in place of the APC. (The tennis ball seems pretty plausible, but I'm not so sure about the PB...)

Once you get it clean, dress the trim with (something like) Adam's Super VRT before waxing. That will prevent the wax from bonding to the trim, so cleanup is a snap.

mikengail

Established Member
The Magic Eraser worked great. No cleaner, just the pads. Easy to avoid paint and focus just on the trim. Wasn't sure I had got it all, but after rinsing off the wax dust, the plastic looked like it had never been stained... :)

Users who are viewing this thread