Webasto uses Covid crutch for top production

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Total boondoggle. Webasto in Michigan can't keep up demand for the hard top production of the new Bronco and with a little research you find gross manufacturing problems with the hard top, and now fitment and water leaking on the soft tops. A spokesman for the company fingered Covid as the setback, Really? How about move your facility out of Michigan.

Who in their right mind would pay ADM on a first year production vehicle with these kinds of issues. Local dealers are asking over 20% of the suggested retail!

Our family has wanted one for sometime. It would be heavily used 24k miles a year. I have zero patience for down time. It seems chasing electrical gremlins may be happening as well.

Do your research before handing over your cash. This is a mess. This author summed it up well then Ford comes out with a boiler plate rebuttal at the end of the article.

2021 Ford Bronco Owners Say Their Hardtops Are Coming Apart Already

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Who in their right mind would pay ADM on any depreciating asset?
Stupid People and then those who have more money than they know what to do with it.

I saw a Bronco the other day and it looked unappealing. It was puny looking even being a 2 door. I still think the Wrangler is the better option. Even being ignorant on the performance off-road I bet the Wrangler still takes it. Wouldn't consider trading ours in on one.

5.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Total boondoggle. Webasto in Michigan can't keep up demand for the hard top production of the new Bronco and with a little research you find gross manufacturing problems with the hard top, and now fitment and water leaking on the soft tops. A spokesman for the company fingered Covid as the setback, Really? How about move your facility out of Michigan.

Who in their right mind would pay ADM on a first year production vehicle with these kinds of issues. Local dealers are asking over 20% of the suggested retail!

Our family has wanted one for sometime. It would be heavily used 24k miles a year. I have zero patience for down time. It seems chasing electrical gremlins may be happening as well.

Do your research before handing over your cash. This is a mess. This author summed it up well then Ford comes out with a boiler plate rebuttal at the end of the article.

2021 Ford Bronco Owners Say Their Hardtops Are Coming Apart Already
Why is there no slow down for JL tops? Same process different molds correct?

Stupid People and then those who have more money than they know what to do with it.

I saw a Bronco the other day and it looked unappealing. It was puny looking even being a 2 door. I still think the Wrangler is the better option. Even being ignorant on the performance off-road I bet the Wrangler still takes it. Wouldn't consider trading ours in on one.

View attachment 1715881
Bronco looked small? It’s bigger than the JL.

Do you really take those wheels off road? Interesting

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member

Webasto makes products for half a dozen other manufacturers and even built a new plant just to produce the Bronco tops. The rumors are they may build another plant. The molded tops are literally coming apart at the edges from what I've seen. Other are said to reveal middle core depressions.

Here's another link

2021 Ford Bronco Hardtop Supplier Is Struggling Mightily To Meet Demand

q6543

Established Member
My coworkers BF works there... she said when she dropped him off there were SOOO many scrapped out roofs.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

View attachment 1715881
I totally see why you would let go of your Wrangler. That's mighty nice looking. My wife and I saw a few newer Wranglers up close while on vacation in Maine last month. She actually told me she wants one, which surprised me since she's more the tame SUV type.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Yeah...it looked SMALL...do you own one? Would make sense why you're so butt hurt over my comment.

Actually not much....it's my wife's Vehicle and she isn't into all that.

But that Bronco...so Big and Sexy....no.
636.jpg

Still Doesn't look bigger. But THIS Bronco isn't as ugly as the Sport for sure.
20200714103635_2021-Ford-Bronco-interior-1.jpg

Last edited:

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Leave it to Ford to **** up a wet dream.

Noted but not limited to:

Small production of GT 40

Constantly prolonging Shelby delivery since 07

Now the Bronco

I'll most likely wait, but only so long before finding other options. Wait is what broke the wagon. We are wanting to get along little doggy.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yeah...it looked SMALL...do you own one? Would make sense why you're so butt hurt over my comment.

View attachment 1715954

View attachment 1715955
Did you mean to show the sport in the first picture?

2021-bronco-4-door-vs-jeep-wrangler-jlur-rubicon-4-door-2-jpg.jpg

From the bronco 6g forum, stock sas vs rubicon

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sucks to hear about the tops. The Bronco is a truck i want to like.

Really cant go wrong with a JL though! I'll take either (Bronco or JL Wrangler) in 2 door flavor!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Did you mean to show the sport in the first picture?

View attachment 1715970

From the bronco 6g forum, stock sas vs rubicon
Yup..it's still a Bronco...and UGLY. Now the other Bronco as in the exterior of the interior one I posted is better looking obviously. These Broncos are so different one shouldn't even be a Bronco IMO. The one I saw the other day in person I believe was the nicer bigger one..but still not impressed. It is bigger than the JL...but it doesn't seem like it. I need to get up close and personal with one. Maybe my opinion will change..maybe not.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I could never bring myself to buy a Wrangler for 2 reasons.

1. There's sooo many aftermarket parts available, It would just be a new money pit for me.
2. Around here, they seem to be driven by women, gay men, or guidos.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I could never bring myself to vuyba Wrangler for 2 reasons.

1. There's sooo many aftermarket parts available, It would just be a new money pit for me.
2. Around here, they seem to be driven by women, gay men, or guidos.
HAHAHAHA......everytime I'm out with my wife...Oh look a girl...another girl...bet that's a girl....he's gay......look another girl....FACTS.

MG0h3

Established Member
I’ve seen a handful of Broncos around here and it’s a hard NO.

Looks like a pos grocery getter soccer mom vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Webasto makes products for half a dozen other manufacturers and even built a new plant just to produce the Bronco tops. The rumors are they may build another plant. The molded tops are literally coming apart at the edges from what I've seen. Other are said to reveal middle core depressions.

Here's another link

2021 Ford Bronco Hardtop Supplier Is Struggling Mightily To Meet Demand
My question was why are there no issues with JL tops?

View attachment 1715954

View attachment 1715955
That’s not a Bronco. That’s a sport.

Yup..it's still a Bronco...and UGLY. Now the other Bronco as in the exterior of the interior one I posted is better looking obviously. These Broncos are so different one shouldn't even be a Bronco IMO. The one I saw the other day in person I believe was the nicer bigger one..but still not impressed. It is bigger than the JL...but it doesn't seem like it. I need to get up close and personal with one. Maybe my opinion will change..maybe not.
It’s not. Like calling the mach e a mustang. The sport is a completely different vehicle. It’s a small station wagon cough suv cough.
Below is a base Bronco with wheels.
8CE0A72C-FF9F-43A0-A39C-06EB21808CD5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread