Weight increase on new Mustang went up, wonder how much the SVT car will be?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Really? I won't be buying one.....now. There's a lost sale. There are probably many others who feel the way I do.

He's talking out his ass like most of us, it's all speculation at this point so take it with a grain of salt. But I'll tell you that my speculation is based off of things I've heard the insiders say. SVT will be lighter than the standard GT; I just don't know how much or what model year they mean.

dom418

Established Member
This thread is pointless and once again nothing but speculation. In fact I'm not even sure what the OPs point was other than to say "I told you so" and to gloat.

The new cobra is still so far out and we know nothing yet. I'm sure Ford will not disappoint us and it should be an improvement over the current 13/14 cobra. Usable power would be high on my list like the Boss 302.

04svtsnke

Established Member
If some of you are correct about ford wanting to sell more of these over seas, why wouldn't they do a twin turbo variant of the coyote? There's not a whole lot of cars in its competing class that isn't turbocharged over seas. Ford will make it as light as it can while making it better than its predecessors. Lol at the OP, still justifying why your 13-14 shelby is the end all be all. So tired of this.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
If some of you are correct about ford wanting to sell more of these over seas, why wouldn't they do a twin turbo variant of the coyote? There's not a whole lot of cars in its competing class that isn't turbocharged over seas. Ford will make it as light as it can while making it better than its predecessors. Lol at the OP, still justifying why your 13-14 shelby is the end all be all. So tired of this.

Whaaaaa? You mean the car that will never depreciate?

Deranged2013

Established Member
3700 to 3800 lbs. GT500 would be fine with me. Coming in 600 to 700 lbs lighter than the Hellcat it could lose some horsepower and still run circles around the Hellcat Challenger.

Users who are viewing this thread