Welded Axle Tubes

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
giphy.gif

Manual, >~550 running off the wastegate spring on 91.
Several hundred more on E85.

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
After hearing everyone's feedback I ordered a set of adjustable BMR LCA's (poly/spherical) and the CHE axle brace.

**If anyone is interested in a Whiteline Rear Sway bar or BMR non adustable LCA's hit me up.**

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I'm guessing these skip welds can be done without removing the rear end?
Skip welds? You can do this on the car but the preferred method is to remove the rear end and place it in a jig. However, if you take the car to someone who knows what they're doing they can properly do it on the car.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

2014gtcs

Established Member
Maybe skip welds is the wrong term, surely a complete weld around the axle tubes would be much stronger.

CobraSam

Established Member
OP, I referred to them as a stitch weld, FYI. It’s similar to a seam weld, except it’s not a continuous weld. All the Fox tubes we’ve welded (cars with 600-1,500hp) were done with about a 1” stitch weld at the 12,3,6,9 o’clock position. This has been proven to be more than adequate.
Stitch welding promotes less heat transfer to the material being welded. Less chance for any adverse distortion or anything of the material being welded. Simply put, it’s a safer way to weld the tubes while providing adequate strengthening. This is all just my experience of course.

2014gtcs

Established Member
OP, I referred to them as a stitch weld, FYI. It’s similar to a seam weld, except it’s not a continuous weld. All the Fox tubes we’ve welded (cars with 600-1,500hp) were done with about a 1” stitch weld at the 12,3,6,9 o’clock position. This has been proven to be more than adequate.
Stitch welding promotes less heat transfer to the material being welded. Less chance for any adverse distortion or anything of the material being welded. Simply put, it’s a safer way to weld the tubes while providing adequate strengthening. This is all just my experience of course.
Now that I think about it, this makes a lot of sense, why subject the tubes to more heat than what is necessary.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Can someone who is running the CHE axle brace tell me what rear sway bar will fit? I thought the stock one would clear so I was about to order bmr sway bar relo brackets..... but I just read on beefcakes site that extensive modification is required to the LCA tell bracket.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread