Well, finally did it.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Skoalman,

So that is what my 03 DSG L would have looked like if I would have kept it & lowered it. Those 03 wheels look great with that drop... ! I sure miss mine. ;-)

Skoalman

Banned
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
Skoalman,

So that is what my 03 DSG L would have looked like if I would have kept it & lowered it. Those 03 wheels look great with that drop... ! I sure miss mine. ;-)

That's what it would have looked like, did you trade yours in when purchasing the Cobra?

There is an '03 dsg Lightning for sale at one of the local dealerships right now, it has 43,xxx miles on it and ghost flames on the front, sale price is $25,700 so i have a good idea what my '04 would go for..

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Skoalman said:
That's what it would have looked like, did you trade yours in when purchasing the Cobra?

There is an '03 dsg Lightning for sale at one of the local dealerships right now, it has 43,xxx miles on it and ghost flames on the front, sale price is $25,700 so i have a good idea what my '04 would go for..

Ya I sure did. Back in 04 when I bought my COBRA brand new I traded in my brand new DSG 03 L with less thatn 3K on it. I tinted the windows, got some Bell-Tech 2" drop shackles for the rear & a few other items for the truck. Needless to say, I got raped on the trade in value... :cuss:

Last edited:

Skoalman

Banned
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
Ya I sure did. Back in 04 when I bought my COBRA brand new I traded in my brand new DSG 03 L with less thatn 3K on it. I tinted the windowss, got some Bell-Tech 2" drop shackles for the rear & a few other items for the truck. Needless to say, I got raped on the trade in value... :cuss:

Rough story on the Lightning, but i'm sure the Cobra is well worth it. They can run 11's in the quarter mile and still be daily driven!! :uh oh:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Skoalman said:
Rough story on the Lightning, but i'm sure the Cobra is well worth it. They can run 11's in the quarter mile and still be daily driven!! :uh oh:

That is very true. The ride quality(of the COBRA) is much improved over the L. Also, my MPG (in the COBRA) on a bad day is still better then the L on a good day. I miss the beefy 5.4L 2-valve sound & I miss the cruising machine on steriods feel though. Driving the L was a really cool feeling. Kinda like a big lazy boy chair with the heart of a S/C V-8... ;-)

BTW, you cog set-up on your L sounds wicked. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread