Well, I did it I added 2 more #'s of boost and...

SVT99RED

Established Member
Well I was running a 2 # lower and had a 4# ring sitting around and I deceided I wanted to have 500 rwhp. So I threw it on there and took it out for a spin well I hit second gear and the truck was hauling.. Then went to do it again and was 1/2 throttle at 10 psi boost and pop. I thought to myself aww shit I just blew something. Well I get to the next light and the truck it running fine so I go 1/2 again and start to push it some more and it boggs out. Then I thought damn it I blew another coil pack! So I came home and changed out the pass side coil pack with a stock one and the truck runs like a champ again!! So I will call granetelli in the morning and get another coil pack sent out under warranty. I am going to try to get to a dyno to see if I am where I want to be. I have a 2.6 kb, supporting mods and full exhaust including long tubes. I dynoed at 468 rwhp and 521 rwtq. I should be at atleast 500 rwhp and 560 rwtq, right? Or am I hoping for too much??

Stinger2007

Established Member
Wow!......I haven't heard the sound of your truck, but looking at the pic...I thought...nice clean truck..looks stock.

Is there sucha thing as an L being a sleeper? or does it go without saying. I bet you smoke many rides at the track.

Nice L...

SVT99RED

Established Member
Stinger2007 said:
Wow!......I haven't heard the sound of your truck, but looking at the pic...I thought...nice clean truck..looks stock.

Is there sucha thing as an L being a sleeper? or does it go without saying. I bet you smoke many rides at the track.

Nice L...

Thanks! I havent touch the outside of the truck other than the grill and leveling out the back. I like the idea of a sleeper but I think most people into racing know what a lightning is. Sadly I dont get to the track as much as I would like to.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You don't need that much power for an 11.xxx, traction and suspension should get you there with the previous setup. If not then best of luck to you. :beer:

Datalog and keep an eye on things though.

SVT99RED

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
You don't need that much power for an 11.xxx, traction and suspension should get you there with the previous setup. If not then best of luck to you. :beer:

Datalog and keep an eye on things though.

about the data logging I couldnt get the file to load onto the xcal2 so I can moniter everything. it gives me some weird error. I dont have a laptop so I was just trying to do it with the xcal2 and did everything that there web site said to do and I get the error when I try to store the data log file to the xcal.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Stinger2007 said:
nice clean truck..looks stock.

except the wheels, exhaust, corners, heads, tonneau, upper and lower billet grilles, and possibly sid etinted wondows it looks like...

Going back to Swanson now, or back to RET?... Stan

Last edited:

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
granatelli products are shit IMO. i have the nology coils. BADASS! if you look at the latest lightning shootout in MM&FF, the top 4 guys are using the same coils. also, TR6's are shit as well when you start running 20+ #'s of boost with a 2.6. Autolite AR94's is the way to go. capable of 2000rwhp @ 30+ #'s of boost.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
another aftermarket cop bites the dust.......FYI besides Boners facts about nology, which I hear all good things about......ALL the fast trucks from WMS run stock ford coils, JJ won't use anything else, and reminds me everytime I bring up the subject.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
pitstain said:
another aftermarket cop bites the dust.......FYI besides Boners facts about nology, which I hear all good things about......ALL the fast trucks from WMS run stock ford coils, JJ won't use anything else, and reminds me everytime I bring up the subject.
i ran the stock coils for a long time, but even with the 2.3 blower and spray, they finally took the plunge and i started blowing the spark out.

SVT99RED

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
except the wheels, exhaust, corners, heads, tonneau, upper and lower billet grilles, and possibly sid etinted wondows it looks like...

Going back to Swanson now, or back to RET?... Stan

greg! wheels where on the truck when I got it. I have stock heads. tonneau cover was a ford option. got a ticket for the windows so no tint rightnow. This is the second after market coil that went out and they are still under warranty. So maybe I will change to something else when the warranty is over.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
SVT99RED said:
I wanted to have 500 rwhp. I have a 2.6 kb, supporting mods and full exhaust including long tubes. I dynoed at 468 rwhp and 521 rwtq. I should be at atleast 500 rwhp and 560 rwtq, right?

Wow, I hope your tuner is incredible. I hear everyone constantly saying after 450hp on the stock block, it's not will it break, its when will it break...

I have a KB 2.3, but afraid to go much over the 450hp mark until I get a built block.

I hear the rod's are the first thing to go with these stock block's.

SVT99RED

Established Member
MMShaggy said:
Wow, I hope your tuner is incredible. I hear everyone constantly saying after 450hp on the stock block, it's not will it break, its when will it break...

I have a KB 2.3, but afraid to go much over the 450hp mark until I get a built block.

Yup it is all in the tune.. sinister04 ran almost 550 rwhp with his stock block on a race tune and ran 11.40 in the 1/4 mile. he never blew up just wanted more power so he went built.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
MMShaggy said:

blocks arent the problem..... its the rotating assy. hyperteuctectic pistons are crap, one little hint of detonation with increased boost....... see ya, hope you have money for a new motor. id push 550 on a stock rotating assy..... but i have faith in my tuner, dunno bout you guys.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
MMShaggy said:

blocks arent the problem..... its the rotating assy. hyperteuctectic pistons are crap, one little hint of detonation with increased boost....... see ya, hope you have money for a new motor. id push 550 on a stock rotating assy..... but i have faith in my tuner and i run good gas, dunno bout you guys.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
MMShaggy said:

blocks arent the problem..... its the rotating assy. hyperteuctectic pistons are crap, one little hint of detonation with increased boost....... see ya, hope you have money for a new motor. id push 550 on a stock rotating assy..... but i have faith in my tuner and i run good gas, dunno bout you guys.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
MMShaggy said:

blocks arent the problem..... its the rotating assy. hyperteuctectic pistons are crap, one little hint of detonation with increased boost....... see ya, hope you have money for a new motor. id push 550 on a stock rotating assy..... but the guy that tunes my shit is a bad ass and i run good gas, dunno bout you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread