well i just got a new driver need some q and a please

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
98 black svt contour. 115000 miles and damn near perfect in and out. at 100k the motor was replaced so i am ok with that. any problems i should look out for and do now?

thanks in advance
billy

Black Justin

Established Member
I dont have one yet, but from what i've read, look out for the fuel pump and 3rd gear grinding. And check out contour.org, lots of information. And I think that's where most of the SVT contour guys hang out.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Just the basics.

3rd gear syncro is a weak point even on a stock CSVT, same with the diff, but if its a DD you should be finew ith the diff.

When you change the oil, make sure you add .5 qts more than it recommends.

Congrats on the buy. Not the fastest cars, but the overall package is what makes'em fun1

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
well i just got all the paper work on the car, 1 owner, allfeul recalls done along with a new tranney,clutch and motor done 15k ago. she is sending me the cert in the mail on teusday and i will tell you what, the car drives new as 1 can be. ther is 1 thing i cant figure out, there is a slight drone or hmmmmm sound between 1500 and 5000 rpms when the a/c is on or not....

JCSVT

V6 Powa!!
Established Member
breasner said:
what usully goes wrong with the front diff?

It is very weak. Not really designed to handle the SVT's level of power. Upgrading to a Quaife or Torsen LSD will make drag racing a little less worrisome and will make handling better.

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
I've read quite a few stories from people who had their SVT's engine replaced at the dealer, only to have them drop in the standard 2.5 because no SVT motor was available. You should definately look into that as well.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
And there were 6535 made in 98, the E1s started around 4000

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
well the humming sound is my iac control valve, what a wonderful thing of having access to f-dealer :-D

Users who are viewing this thread