Well its alive, it fired up tonight for the first time since Nov 2010

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I know it doesnt look like much but let me tell you, when she fired right the **** up tonight for the first time since November 2010 it felt great.

Bored, uped the compression, new pistons teflon and ceramic coated, new built full auto 4r70w.

IMG_2408.JPG

Newly installed trans cooler with fan on the back.
IMG_2410.JPG

My complete cluster **** of an interior of the moment. Wiring in a full auto trans to work where a 6 speed was in place has proven to be more than I was wanting to bite off. Of well its all wired up, need to run 2 relays, 2 switches(1 for OD on and OFF and a 2nd for FULL MANUAL control) and button it all up. The shifter is a B&M Hammer with the factory 6spd handle on it. I will eventually swap it out to the original hammer t handle.
IMG_2412.JPG

Like I said this has been something I have been working on in my spare time in the garage. I have been turning wrenches on it since November 2010 and well over $6k tied into JUST this build.

I really cant wait to feel the auto on the street. I actually bought it for the ease of driving. The T56 was a straight handful in these cars but I really wanted something a lot easier to drive.

I still have about 3-5 hours of solid manual labor between finish wiring in the trans with all the proper relays, finish up my exhaust pulled crank ventilation, Finalize the mounting of the transmission lines, swap out the pedal box for the brake only(with out a clutch), wire up the boost controller, install and program the trans controller(Baumannator) and **** me a tons more shit.

I will honestly say I bit off more than I wanted to but its all finally going back together. To hear it fire on that first crank after priming the system really made it worth it. The motor sounds so stout.

:headbang:

Some of the bare block as I built it up...
_MG_2394.jpg

2011-06-19_22-22-28_710.jpg

2011-06-21_23-57-00_199.jpg

2011-06-22_00-23-07_806.jpg

modmotor10.JPG

And for good measures, my dog sleeping on my head after a late night of turning wrenches.
266275_2104415282644_1013363186_2441867_5180903_o2.jpg

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Congrats on finally firing it up! I know how that feels, as I went through a bunch of crap this spring with my Whipple install (actually was your old one;-)), and to hear it fire right up on the first turn of the key is simply an amazing thing!:beer: Cute pic of the dog, btw!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love that last photo. He sure looks tuckered out from watching you do all of that work. LOL! Congratulations on getting it fired up. It's been a long time. Keep us posted on your progress.

Blackedout

Established Member
CONGRATS... Just wait until your first ride in the auto... you will forget about everything else... well worth the swap.... :thumbsup:

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
That's awesome man, I know the feeling. My car has been down since October 2010, should be on the road in 3 months can't wait.

Zacharyx

Established Member
I love the first time you fire up a new project, lets you know the night of no sleep and piles of reciepts where worth something

Fuerza

Established Member
Very nice work! Curious how much mechanical know how did you have before starting that type a project?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Very nice work! Curious how much mechanical know how did you have before starting that type a project?

I used to own a performance shop but that was in my Honda days. I have maybe 50 motors under my belt, second time I rebuilt this one and done all the work to my car myself. I know the car inside and out.

I wouldnt have a car like this to learn on, but if you have done motor pulls and stuff in other projects I wouldnt worry about it. Its pretty simple honestly.

I did **** up and had to rip it all apart after I assembled the long block cause I didnt realize "Double Spiral Lox" ment 2 per side. I was under the impression I could use 1 and the term for the one was DBL spiral lock. Oh well practice make perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread