Well it's up and running...

03'Darin

Established Member
The new lift that is!!

Please excuse the mess. I'm still taking stuff out of the garage and moving it into the new house. So as I reclaim my garage space I'll be organizing everything and cleaning it up.

This is an Atlas OH-10X. It's called extra wide extra tall and has a 10,000# capacity.

I built the garage about 2 years ago and already had this lift picked out. So I vaulted the ceiling area specifically for the dimensions of this lift. Vaulted area is 14' and the rest of the ceiling is 11'.

90C2151C-ABC3-4299-888F-1E5CC8519CC3_zpsyo99ckrv.jpg

waggs

icy.i see.eye sea.icee.
Established Member
Looks good I hope to one day have a lift in my garage. Side note, I spent about 5 solid minutes trying to figure out what the hell was floating behind the car on the lift. Didnt notice the arm going underneath. Lol.

03'Darin

Established Member
Looks good I hope to one day have a lift in my garage. Side note, I spent about 5 solid minutes trying to figure out what the hell was floating behind the car on the lift. Didnt notice the arm going underneath. Lol.

That's actually a bike rack. The 97' Cobra is a driver and I haul my mountain bike on it most sundays in the summer when it's nice. I've got 145k on that car.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice setup! I'm hoping when I build my new dream garage I can put a lift in it. Would a 12ft ceiling be enough?

03'Darin

Established Member
Cool lift!

Bike rack on the back of a mustang...smh

I get that now and then. I like driving the car and since I drive almost 50 miles each way to the place I ride on Sundays it's a good reason to take this. I swapped in a complete 03' Cobra interior on the car when it had 80k on it. I bought an interior out of a n 03' that had been rolled with only 107 miles on it.

Nice setup! I'm hoping when I build my new dream garage I can put a lift in it. Would a 12ft ceiling be enough?

With some lifts I'm sure it would. I went with the extra wide extra tall model so I had more clearance between the posts and higher lifting than normal (lifts 7'). That plus the 10K lifting capacity it has solid posts that require 13' 7" to stand them up. Some two post lifts have two piece posts that don't require as much clearance to stand them up or that much height for lifting. I did a lot of research on lifts before I decided on what I thought the best value for the money was along with the most versatile lift. The literature for this lift says it can lift anything from a smart car to a crew cab dually.

Users who are viewing this thread