• Buy a built Fox body

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Save your money and get waaay ahead

Votes: 43 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boatcop1

Established Member
We just sold our Hyundai Sonata shedding a 400.00 a month note. My daughter is all set for her first two years of college. My wife and I just got a raise (Well I havent got mine yet but it's comming). Even with our Christmas shopping our bills are pretty low and about to be really slashed by spring. So what does that mean this spring? Hmmmmmm?....Cobra? GT500? 11/12 5.0?

At this point it's a little early but very excited about 2012. So what would you do this spring?

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
C6Z06! I only say that because I am in love with mine.
Cobra's will always have a place in my heart and you can't go wrong with a New Edge Cobra.
I'd jump all over a '10-up GT500 if I were in your boat, no pun!

boatcop1

Established Member
Love your style guys but I'm thinking 30K is going to be my celing. Obvioulsy going with a built Fox will be a heck of alot cheaper but thats where my roots are at and would love to have one again. ZO6 Is by far the only Chevrolet I would own but I want a back seat.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I really like the 2010 and up Shelby's there awesome the new 5.0 are amazing and are by far the best handling for the bucks however I've had my 04 cobra for years now and nothing but joy. ... If you want power go terminator ... If you want world class handling and sufficient power go 5.0 . Shelby will be awesome as well newer and more refined power... If you get a Shelby and don't like it you can always sell it and go back to the cobra

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Love your style guys but I'm thinking 30K is going to be my celing. Obvioulsy going with a built Fox will be a heck of alot cheaper but thats where my roots are at and would love to have one again. ZO6 Is by far the only Chevrolet I would own but I want a back seat.

saving for 2 years would allow whatever comes out to be in your $30k ballpark

boatcop1

Established Member
By the way, what is the power that 11 GT's are making with a procharger and supporting mods?

If I was going to go that route Thats what I was thinking. Blower, supporting mods, suspension and wheels DONE.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I voted save your money because I couldn't decide....:lol1: too many good options in there!

Good for you though!

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Save it, and spend it on something you REALLY want, not just something you can get. A little patience goes a long way.

ff500

Established Member
What college did your daughter choose? My stepdaughter has been applying and is waiting to hear back.

I've always loved the Cobra R's, that would be a consideration for me.

boatcop1

Established Member
What college did your daughter choose? My stepdaughter has been applying and is waiting to hear back.

I've always loved the Cobra R's, that would be a consideration for me.

She's only a junior right now. I just transfered My GI BIll to her so she's good at least the frst two years and if she keeps her grades up I'll give her the other two years to finish her degree. She's leaning toward UMASS or UCONN and also some fancy shmancy art school in NYC but I have not looked into that one yet.

snakedoctor

Established Member
I'm in the same boat, just paid of some bills that will free up about $500.00/month. Not only that, I'm moving up from doing Cat scans to MRI next month which should give me a couple dollar raise an hour. Very tempted to find something to do with that extra income but I think I'm gonna just keep paying off debt so maybe I can get me a new shelby sometime in 2013.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I would agree with waiting for what you REALLY want! thats what im doing also the fact your wife says its time for you to get a toy....WINNING!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
it sounds like you're happy about shedding your car note so why go and get another one?

I can only hope '12 brings better things to me... I'm done with '11 and just want to move on.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
whipple 5.0, some suspension mods, nice wheels/tires and its done like dinner. Faster than 95% of anything you'll every come across, handles better than than most anything you come across and drives like stock.

Users who are viewing this thread