Well that didn't take long

Never_Enough

Established Member
Scumbag! I would shoot for having it totaled. Aint no one buying shit without being raped with a CarFax report with major damage.

I bet he will be willing to pay a pretty penny to keep his job or at least his freedom lol

I look forward to hearing how ur meeting went lol nothing illegal about that. The court makes ppl pay restitution all the time jus be careful what u say and how u say it cause its not illegal for someone to record a conversation between the person he/she is speaking with but if I were u id record the conversation of ur iPhone or android u have a record for urself.
In some states it is illegal to record a conversation without the other person's knowledge. regardless, may not be admissible in court anyway.

T56LS102

Established Member
Their ins co agreed to pay me diminished value, they want to wait till car is finished before negotiating the amount, went back again yesterday, pics below...
20180214_150823.jpg
20180214_150908.jpg

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
New cars are like legos. They kind of fit together only one way. If the body man has even half a brain, you'll be fine. Not to mention, they are putting a quarter all the way back on the car. Unless its welded out of alignment, the whole right rear of the car will be new.

I doubt you'll be able to see the repair when you get it back. Had they beat the quarter out and try to mud it straight, then i'd be worried for you.

-Ex body shop employee at a Ford dealer.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
A good shop , will pull the frame square , before work even begins .
It apears the frame was not damaged as suggested , and all damage was superficial .

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Negative. That is a misconception a lot of ppl have. Its illegal to record another persons conversation with another person but YOU can record ANY conversation u have with anyone and so can the person ur talking with.

Wiretap laws apply too every state the same way.

In some states it is illegal to record a conversation without the other person's knowledge. regardless, may not be admissible in court anyway.

_Snake_

Established Member
Negative. That is a misconception a lot of ppl have. Its illegal to record another persons conversation with another person but YOU can record ANY conversation u have with anyone and so can the person ur talking with.

Wiretap laws apply too every state the same way.

Edited. I was wrong. Lol

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea street lawyer that is absolutely correct when ur recording SOMEONE else's conversation NOT ur own conversation. So ur 100% wrong. Feel stupid now? I do this for a living. Do u?

I always find it amusing when ppl try to quote statutes but forget to leave out the part that actually matters! lol

So u can take ur MISINFORMATION iceburg and sink with it!

What Federal Law Says:
According to the Wiretap Act of 1968 (18 U.S.C. § 2511.), it’s illegal to secretly record any oral, telephonic, or electronic communication that is reasonably expected to be private. So, for example, recording a conversation with somebody in a bedroom, with the door shut, on private property, without them knowing is technically a federal crime in the loosest sense.

There are, however, a few exceptions to this law that create some sizable loopholes. The biggest being the “one-party consent” rule that says u can record people secretly if at least one person in the conversation consents to the recording, or if the person recording is authorized by law to do it (like police with a warrant). If we go back to our bedroom recording, that means you could record your conversation as long as one person—you—consents to it. Sneaky, eh? But here’s the catch: you have to actually be a part of that conversation. If you were simply recording two other people talking while standing nearby and not saying a word, you then have no consent from any of the parties, and thus it would be illegal.

I’m just going to simply say you’re incredibly wrong and leave it at that.

On edit. I can’t help myself. According to the Wiretap Act of 1968 (18 U.S.C. § 2511.), it’s illegal to secretly record any oral, telephonic, or electronic communication that is reasonably expected to be private.

And that’s just the tip of your misinformation iceberg.

_Snake_

Established Member
Yea street lawyer that is absolutely correct when ur recording SOMEONE else's conversation NOT ur own conversation. So ur 100% wrong. Feel stupid now? I do this for a living. Do u?

I always find it amusing when ppl try to quote statutes but forget to leave out the part that actually matters! lol

So u can take ur MISINFORMATION iceburg and sink with it!

What Federal Law Says:
According to the Wiretap Act of 1968 (18 U.S.C. § 2511.), it’s illegal to secretly record any oral, telephonic, or electronic communication that is reasonably expected to be private. So, for example, recording a conversation with somebody in a bedroom, with the door shut, on private property, without them knowing is technically a federal crime in the loosest sense.

There are, however, a few exceptions to this law that create some sizable loopholes. The biggest being the “one-party consent” rule that says u can record people secretly if at least one person in the conversation consents to the recording, or if the person recording is authorized by law to do it (like police with a warrant). If we go back to our bedroom recording, that means you could record your conversation as long as one person—you—consents to it. Sneaky, eh? But here’s the catch: you have to actually be a part of that conversation. If you were simply recording two other people talking while standing nearby and not saying a word, you then have no consent from any of the parties, and thus it would be illegal.

I edited my post while you were replying. We also looked at the same link apparently. :)

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Their ins co agreed to pay me diminished value, they want to wait till car is finished before negotiating the amount, went back again yesterday, pics below

It doesn't look like any structural damage and the car is new so they should be able to match the paint. Put the diminished value check towards a Procharger.

T56LS102

Established Member
For reference my wifes 2015 Mini Cooper S had 18K damages and we got $3800 in diminished value.

Thanks!

It doesn't look like any structural damage and the car is new so they should be able to match the paint. Put the diminished value check towards a Procharger.

You read my mind! blower $ for sure

SVTDarin

Established Member
Thanks!

You read my mind! blower $ for sure

Also we hired our own licensed appraiser / diminished value guy. Paid just under $200 but with State Farms original offer of $300 we were glad we had backup when we went to battle with them.

Users who are viewing this thread