Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to......

Blackoyote

Established Member
As mentioned by someone else, people will make time for the things they TRULY want to do.

I'm married with an 8 month old son, and I enjoy going to the track some weekends, and riding my dirt bikes on other days...so I make time for it. The last 5 times I've gone to the track, my other few guys I typically go with 'couldn't make it' because of some BS or another. They always drop the 'man I REALLLY want to' line, but I just tell them each time that if they REALLY wanted to, they would.

Plain and simple.

Neither of them even have kids.

Zemedici

Established Member
So first off this ain't me hating on anyone.

I feel once I hit 30 all my friends changed so much. Getting married and letting someone run their life, having kids, remodeling their house that never ends, super busy work schedule.

95% of my old car friends don't do car stuff anymore, and the ones that do its just a "hey lets go to cars and coffee, but I got to be home by 1030am to do this family/house/wife thing." Or "lets go to the track on friday night at 7pm and I need to be home by 930pm because my wife said so."

I only have lunch with my buddies when they can take long lunches while at work because they never have free time after.

Or trying to go see a movie or beer. I mean, the new predator movie that came out, I asked a few buddies if they wanted to go see the movie(like texting on a monday tuesday for a friday movie) and they say "I need like 2 week heads up so they can make plans."

Does it feel like this to anyone else or is it just me?

DUDE - this is my current status to a T

Got the lifted truck, so wanted a fast daily. Bought a new R1, want to have fun with it weekly whether its group rides, or racing my buddies cars, etc.

nothing. Cant get anyone out of the house without borderline paying them to come (ie buying their dinner, etc).

Its all of my friends.

Ok, lets try something else, new COD just came out, text all my buddies, find out everyone has sold their video game systems for pennies on the dollar as they just collect dust.

I don't have ANY interest in having kids, so I guess I'm just the oddball. My brother's getting married in March (he's 23, I'm 26) so he says EVERY last penny has to go to that, he cannot afford to get COD, nothing.

Just impossible, I'm SO lucky my old lady likes all the same shit I do. So she bought a new R1 as well, and plays the games with me.

If only she was better at COD. :D

Zemedici

Established Member
As mentioned by someone else, people will make time for the things they TRULY want to do.

I'm married with an 8 month old son, and I enjoy going to the track some weekends, and riding my dirt bikes on other days...so I make time for it. The last 5 times I've gone to the track, my other few guys I typically go with 'couldn't make it' because of some BS or another. They always drop the 'man I REALLLY want to' line, but I just tell them each time that if they REALLY wanted to, they would.

Plain and simple.

Neither of them even have kids.

hit up the track together next season, please sir?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I'm sure it's worse with married couples, but I am noticing this as a trend for everyone. Honestly, I blame a lot of it on technology. Hear me out on this, I know it looks like a rant in-bound...

Think about it this way- back when "palm pilots" came out, did you see anyone honestly improve the efficiency of their life with one? No, they usually just allowed for more interruptions and subconscious tasks. Then tablets and cell phone started taking over. People cannot do one task at a time anymore, so their overall efficiency goes to crap. People are overbooked, over-committed, etc. So, what used to take 8 hours now takes 10, 11, 12 hours. Longer work days = less at home during the week. That pushes everything to the weekend, or you sacrifice sleep.

Before you know it, everyone is running around with no time, no direction, and no energy.

Growing up, weekends were simple. You wake up, my folks were making breakfast, take the trash to the town dump, do some yardwork, and the rest of the weekend was easy living. I know I was young but I've always been painfully observant. I don't recall anywhere NEAR the stress levels of modern society.

I used to try hanging out with my sister when I could. I'd invite her over to my house, the three of us would have dinner, or go grab some food. We'd all catch up. Now, if I don't get it on her schedule 2 weeks in advance, good luck. I haven't seen her in a month. There are a few co-workers that used to join me for "wing night" every once in a while. That hasn't happened in two years, despite effort to make it happen.

It's crazy. This planet needs a reset. Maybe not a meteor (I mean hell, I'd take it), but a nice big fat EMP or solar flare to stun technology. Let everyone wake up and go "whoa..."
Wings! I can do wings. I'm always ready for wings.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
Let me know when you're heading to the track. I haven't been in a while.

road course on the motorcycles is what we (@Blackoyote and I) are after.

Drag racing and shit i'm going to take a break from. Got a bit burnt out, and not having a car makes it a LOT less enjoyable. lololol

@Coiled03 I'm the same way, I have 5 or so FRIENDS, and thousands of acquaintances. What's sad, though is these 'friends' cant make time for me either. I've literally written off 99% of the people I associated with in the past year, as they're just acquaintances, and I aint got time for that. If you're not helping me, you're in my way.

Coiled03

Established Member

Drag racing and shit i'm going to take a break from. Got a bit burnt out, and not having a car makes it a LOT less enjoyable. lololol

@Coiled03 I'm the same way, I have 5 or so FRIENDS, and thousands of acquaintances. What's sad, though is these 'friends' cant make time for me either. I've literally written off 99% of the people I associated with in the past year, as they're just acquaintances, and I aint got time for that. If you're not helping me, you're in my way.

My dad always told me to consider myself lucky if I had more than 2 or 3 true friends in my life. Turns out he was right, and I do consider myself lucky. I'm fortunate my real friends do have time for me. They just live hours away from me, so I rarely see them.

People say, "just make new friends where you live". I get it.....sounds easy. Well, this is gonna sound pathetic, but I've found making friends as an adult to be exceedingly difficult. As a result, I've got nobody around here to do things with. Just the way it goes.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
DUDE - this is my current status to a T

Got the lifted truck, so wanted a fast daily. Bought a new R1, want to have fun with it weekly whether its group rides, or racing my buddies cars, etc.

nothing. Cant get anyone out of the house without borderline paying them to come (ie buying their dinner, etc).

Its all of my friends.

Ok, lets try something else, new COD just came out, text all my buddies, find out everyone has sold their video game systems for pennies on the dollar as they just collect dust.

I don't have ANY interest in having kids, so I guess I'm just the oddball. My brother's getting married in March (he's 23, I'm 26) so he says EVERY last penny has to go to that, he cannot afford to get COD, nothing.

Just impossible, I'm SO lucky my old lady likes all the same shit I do. So she bought a new R1 as well, and plays the games with me.

If only she was better at COD. :D

I remember that time of my life well... (mid 20s). It was a blast. We were drag racing every weekend with 4 banger turbo Mitsubishis that were taking down all of the goliaths of the time (Cobras, vettes, F bodies). When we weren't raping the v8 guys on the track, we were in one of our garages building motors, fabbing exhaust, rebuilding turbos, whatever. It was awesome.

Then... seemingly suddenly, no one wanted to go race, they stopped buying car parts, and they started selling their cars. WTF?

Everyone has to grow up eventually brotha. Your day will come LOL.

At 26 I also had absolutely 0 (ZERO!) interest in kids.

Now I have 4 at 40 years old...hahahaha.

Im still racing though and heavily into this car scene!! Even if im by myself... fugg it!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

I put my Hayabusa on Road Atlanta once. Lol all I needed was once. I've driven several cars on the track though. I enjoy Deals Gap for the curves. Oncoming traffic sucks though.

ZEN357

Established Member
I know exactly how you feel!!! I chose not to have children. I didn't want them growing up in this world filled with the violence that erupts from stupid people, with that comment said, don't get me wrong, I am a right-winger and pro-second amendment all the way. I carry everywhere I go. Now having said that, I will get to your point, I chose not to have children so I could be free to do what I want when I want, but my friends chose to have children and get married and do the whole family thing. Don't get me wrong, I married and my wife and I do almost everything together, but if one of her girlfriends calls and says lets get together she is able to do that and vice versa, but all my friends are in the same boat as yours....... "I need two weeks notice, I need to plan it out, I can't this weekend I got family stuff going on......" I guess that's life, some choose to live by the rules and some don't. I don't, but then again, I'm all alone to when it comes to friends, but at least I don't have to worry about a so called friend screwing me over. Good and Bad in our situations......

Zemedici

Established Member
I put my Hayabusa on Road Atlanta once. Lol all I needed was once. I've driven several cars on the track though. I enjoy Deals Gap for the curves. Oncoming traffic sucks though.

Not quite to that level yet I don't think, this R1 is a ROCKET. And that's BEFORE I put exhaust / tune it. It'll make close to 200whp after I hop it up. Have the exhaust laying on my couch atm lolol

My dad always told me to consider myself lucky if I had more than 2 or 3 true friends in my life. Turns out he was right, and I do consider myself lucky. I'm fortunate my real friends do have time for me. They just live hours away from me, so I rarely see them.

People say, "just make new friends where you live". I get it.....sounds easy. Well, this is gonna sound pathetic, but I've found making friends as an adult to be exceedingly difficult. As a result, I've got nobody around here to do things with. Just the way it goes.

Completely understandable / relatable dude. '6 Billion people on the planet, find someone else'

Just not that simple. More people I come into contact with, less faith I have in humanity. People say some DUMB shit, and I can only take so much.

Everyone I grew up with moved away / started their own life, and I get that, but would be nice to hang out with people sometimes, or if my old lady's getting on my nerves :D

I watch a lot of YouTube Vloggers, specifically ones that play video games professionally (Optic, Faze, Ryze, etc) - and the comradery these guys have with each other is awesome, 5-7 guys living in a house that are all into the same shit. I have been in serious relationships since I was 17, living with the girls, so I missed that opportunity in my life.

I remember that time of my life well... (mid 20s). It was a blast. We were drag racing every weekend with 4 banger turbo Mitsubishis that were taking down all of the goliaths of the time (Cobras, vettes, F bodies). When we weren't raping the v8 guys on the track, we were in one of our garages building motors, fabbing exhaust, rebuilding turbos, whatever. It was awesome.

Then... seemingly suddenly, no one wanted to go race, they stopped buying car parts, and they started selling their cars. WTF?

Everyone has to grow up eventually brotha. Your day will come LOL.

At 26 I also had absolutely 0 (ZERO!) interest in kids.

Now I have 4 at 40 years old...hahahaha.

Im still racing though and heavily into this car scene!! Even if im by myself... fugg it!

well goddammit Dom, move out here.

Or better yet, I move to Cali :D

And I get it, people's priorities change, but you said you were doing this shit when you were my age, I haven't done it in probably 4 years because 'no one has time'

They'd rather pick out shutters with their wives. Really? That's how you want to spend your Saturday afternoon?

Then these same guys turn around and bitch about how 'I get to do all this cool shit, wish I could do that' - which is a crock of shit. They can go get a motorcycle just as I did....process is the same for everyone.

Blackoyote

Established Member

I've been down to RA a few times this year, was actually hoping to this weekend for the final event but I committed to riding dirt because weather was looking wishy washy. I'm doing VIR North on Monday the 29th if the weather checks out...if you want to go!

Zemedici

Established Member
I know exactly how you feel!!! I chose not to have children. I didn't want them growing up in this world filled with the violence that erupts from stupid people, with that comment said, don't get me wrong, I am a right-winger and pro-second amendment all the way. I carry everywhere I go. Now having said that, I will get to your point, I chose not to have children so I could be free to do what I want when I want, but my friends chose to have children and get married and do the whole family thing. Don't get me wrong, I married and my wife and I do almost everything together, but if one of her girlfriends calls and says lets get together she is able to do that and vice versa, but all my friends are in the same boat as yours....... "I need two weeks notice, I need to plan it out, I can't this weekend I got family stuff going on......" I guess that's life, some choose to live by the rules and some don't. I don't, but then again, I'm all alone to when it comes to friends, but at least I don't have to worry about a so called friend screwing me over. Good and Bad in our situations......

SAME.

So if wifey has some shit to do, work function, whatever, its a lonely existence. lolololol

#NoKids

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Next time let's get wings. Been a while since I've had 'em.
I really am booked next weekend (saying that in this thread is hilarious, but true). I think I'm good this weekend, and everyday except Friday next week.

We need to find the Clock too.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
They'd rather pick out shutters with their wives. Really? That's how you want to spend your Saturday afternoon?

Then these same guys turn around and bitch about how 'I get to do all this cool shit, wish I could do that' - which is a crock of shit. They can go get a motorcycle just as I did....process is the same for everyone.

I can completely relate. Makes no sense to me either about how many of these cucky pussy whipped idiots totally abandon what "men" should love. And I mean all of that 100% honestly.

I actually think it's a bigger discussion that involves spineless, feeble-minded men of this generation and how the **** our country got here. Sad actually.

CV355

_
Established Member
I really am booked next weekend (saying that in this thread is hilarious, but true). I think I'm good this weekend, and everyday except Friday next week.

We need to find the Clock too.

I should be open this weekend if you want to swing up this way.

Zemedici

Established Member
I can completely relate. Makes no sense to me either about how many of these cucky pussy whipped idiots totally abandon what "men" should love. And I mean all of that 100% honestly.

I actually think it's a bigger discussion that involves spineless, feeble-minded men of this generation and how the **** our country got here. Sad actually.

100%. I told Tanya when we started dating I'm not a 'Yes, Man' and will not worship the ground she walks on. That we will have a PARTNERSHIP, where we are equals. I treat her with respect, and she does the same with me. I do not do something if I would feel uncomfortable with her doing it (in regards to relationship). However, in return, she lets me spend my money on what I want to spend it on, because she knows at the end of the day, the bills will be paid before I spend money on toys.

My brother, for example, started dating his now fiancée, and sold his cammed C5Z for a Truck, has been saying he 'wants to buy' a motorcycle for over a year now, but 'has to run it by his girl first'. That kind of thinking / approach just doesn't resonate with me.

Why should he ask permission to spend HIS OWN money that he, and solely he, earned? Its a major contributing factor to why we seldom even talk now.

I guess its a trade off, as I work hard, but play harder. So I'm in a decent spot for my age, and have been afforded some incredible opportunities. But its because I'm not afraid of change / risk, and dive headfirst in.

Users who are viewing this thread