Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to......

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'm the guy that disappeared. But slowly all the guys who complained about it disappeared too. Kids/Work/Marriage you name it. Doesn't mean they aren't my bro's, they are just elsewhere.

I'm about to get married in a week, and I can say some of the comments in here are.. interesting. I ask her about things I want to do because I'm considerate, not because i'm going to not do them at all. It's more scheduling and less permission. Not to mention, she's my best friend. It's why we are together.

I never liked the idea that a person should get married to someone, then have a best friend on the side to do stuff with. If you're marrying somebody, she/he ought to be your person that does everything together. She goes to cars and coffee, hangs out in the garage, helps me work on the house and do the yards, hangs when I play video games, cook steaks, whatever. And I go with her while she shops and looks at house stuff, visits families, do dog/animal activities, volunteer etc. Time apart is healthy but ultimately I like doing stuff with her.

But I do go in the garage/to the shop/out to car stuff without her when she's not feeling it. I call up my doods and we hang out. No concern required.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm the guy that disappeared. But slowly all the guys who complained about it disappeared too. Kids/Work/Marriage you name it. Doesn't mean they aren't my bro's, they are just elsewhere.

I'm about to get married in a week, and I can say some of the comments in here are.. interesting. I ask her about things I want to do because I'm considerate, not because i'm going to not do them at all. It's more scheduling and less permission. Not to mention, she's my best friend. It's why we are together.

I never liked the idea that a person should get married to someone, then have a best friend on the side to do stuff with. If you're marrying somebody, she/he ought to be your person that does everything together. She goes to cars and coffee, hangs out in the garage, helps me work on the house and do the yards, hangs when I play video games, cook steaks, whatever. And I go with her while she shops and looks at house stuff, visits families, do dog/animal activities, volunteer etc. Time apart is healthy but ultimately I like doing stuff with her.

But I do go in the garage/to the shop/out to car stuff without her when she's not feeling it. I call up my doods and we hang out. No concern required.

Yeah but see you just said it. You're not like the other guys. And you have a street car....lolol

Lets put it this way, would you go 'Hey babe, Can I buy a motorcycle?'

or would you go 'Hey come with me to look at this motorcycle I wanna buy?'

I leave all the decorating / housey shit to her.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Yeah but see you just said it. You're not like the other guys. And you have a street car....lolol

Lets put it this way, would you go 'Hey babe, Can I buy a motorcycle?'

or would you go 'Hey come with me to look at this motorcycle I wanna buy?'

I leave all the decorating / housey shit to her.

I reckon lol. I give her a certain amount of leeway. When it's something she's dead set against, like motorcycles, I realize how much stress it puts on her worrying about me. Since 9 gajillion people I know have either died or been hurt on one around here. Just makes sense to avoid it since our town sucks for riding.

But in terms of my car stuff, if I found a fox or a car or some deal, I buy it then tell her. Shit I was telling her the other day I want a new Tundra and a car trailer and she said "Sweet, put it behind the fence so it doesn't get stolen". Then she asked me when we are building my 20x30 shop lol. She doesn't care, I take care of her and her of me.. it's just a matter of knowing when it's too much.

And I honestly don't want a race car anymore. I used to be very one dimensional before her. Every night was the shop, beer, get drunk and pass out. It's great but unfulfilling after a while. House parties are the same stupid crap over and over again. I realize every time I go out without her at night I'd rather be in bed touching her lady parts and hanging with her. She's definitely opened me up to a lot of things i've never done before but enjoy. Animals and traveling being two big ones.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I reckon lol. I give her a certain amount of leeway. When it's something she's dead set against, like motorcycles, I realize how much stress it puts on her worrying about me. Since 9 gajillion people I know have either died or been hurt on one around here. Just makes sense to avoid it since our town sucks for riding.

But in terms of my car stuff, if I found a fox or a car or some deal, I buy it then tell her. Shit I was telling her the other day I want a new Tundra and a car trailer and she said "Sweet, put it behind the fence so it doesn't get stolen". Then she asked me when we are building my 20x30 shop lol. She doesn't care, I take care of her and her of me.. it's just a matter of knowing when it's too much.

And I honestly don't want a race car anymore. I used to be very one dimensional before her. Every night was the shop, beer, get drunk and pass out. It's great but unfulfilling after a while. House parties are the same stupid crap over and over again. I realize every time I go out without her at night I'd rather be in bed touching her lady parts and hanging with her. She's definitely opened me up to a lot of things i've never done before but enjoy. Animals and traveling being two big ones.

Wait till you have kids. Finding that level of fullfilmemt in your time with your wife is fractional to what a child can do to your heart. Materialistic shit like cars and such comes and goes. If you can keep affording part of your hobbies great, if you cant it wont matter at the end of days. What you have above is what it is all about. I am in the boring 30+ with 2 kids a wife and dog. Sold my cobra etc etc. ( all though i did replace it with a raptor as that cool dad car) my life could not be fuller, i still get drunk on the weekends with some friends after the kids go to bed. Baby sitters are great tools when you need to get mom and dad time. Real friends adapt and hang with the family or they dont. Life moves along.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
100%. I told Tanya when we started dating I'm not a 'Yes, Man' and will not worship the ground she walks on. That we will have a PARTNERSHIP, where we are equals. I treat her with respect, and she does the same with me. I do not do something if I would feel uncomfortable with her doing it (in regards to relationship). However, in return, she lets me spend my money on what I want to spend it on, because she knows at the end of the day, the bills will be paid before I spend money on toys.

My brother, for example, started dating his now fiancée, and sold his cammed C5Z for a Truck, has been saying he 'wants to buy' a motorcycle for over a year now, but 'has to run it by his girl first'. That kind of thinking / approach just doesn't resonate with me.

Why should he ask permission to spend HIS OWN money that he, and solely he, earned? Its a major contributing factor to why we seldom even talk now.

I guess its a trade off, as I work hard, but play harder. So I'm in a decent spot for my age, and have been afforded some incredible opportunities. But its because I'm not afraid of change / risk, and dive headfirst in.
My wife and I are on equal ground. However, before any major purchase happens we discuss it. I do not see my income as solely mine. I'm getting old though. My ways of thinking are ancient and outdated for many.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
My wife and I are on equal ground. However, before any major purchase happens we discuss it. I do not see my income as solely mine. I'm getting old though. My ways of thinking are ancient and outdated for many.

Eh, different strokes different folks. As long as you get to do what you want to do, and your wife does as well, its a win in my book.

The issue arises when these pansy men go 'I wish I could do that...'

and they have the means to, they just don't.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

I have the exact relationship. My wife and I began dating when we were children. She is my best friend. She's a very attractive best friend.

When I needed to change the ball joints in my car, she helped. When I rebuilt the suspension on my daughter's Jeep, she helped. When I audition bands, or DJ a show, she is normally there. When I have a speaking engagement she is there to support me.

Oddly she only watched me race a few times, and she has never been to a show that I played live. Why; because we have kids, and they are a priority.

Luckily my wife likes a great deal of what I do. Friday nights are normally our date night. We watch MMA (Bellator, UFC, etc). Mondays we usually watch Street Outlaws when it's on and reminisce of our days of meeting just North of Atlanta for a bit of alleged street racing. She even critiques the music I am working on at times.

When it comes to the girlie stuff I am lucky, that becomes mother/daughter time. I get to escape and find something mischievous to get into.

08mojo

Established Member
DUDE - this is my current status to a T

Got the lifted truck, so wanted a fast daily. Bought a new R1, want to have fun with it weekly whether its group rides, or racing my buddies cars, etc.

nothing. Cant get anyone out of the house without borderline paying them to come (ie buying their dinner, etc).

Its all of my friends.

Ok, lets try something else, new COD just came out, text all my buddies, find out everyone has sold their video game systems for pennies on the dollar as they just collect dust.

I don't have ANY interest in having kids, so I guess I'm just the oddball. My brother's getting married in March (he's 23, I'm 26) so he says EVERY last penny has to go to that, he cannot afford to get COD, nothing.

Just impossible, I'm SO lucky my old lady likes all the same shit I do. So she bought a new R1 as well, and plays the games with me.

If only she was better at COD. :D

I've tried to get you out on the dirtbikes more than once! Quit your bitching and let's go ride:D

Zemedici

Established Member
I've tried to get you out on the dirtbikes more than once! Quit your bitching and let's go ride:D

pff hahaha CALLED ME OUT!

Lets go! Next weekend?

@Blackoyote Work Monday - Friday! When does the season open back up at RA? Would love to get on right here at home (in case some shit happens!)

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
at 26 i started my own business.. only child, not married, no kids, nothing.. now at 34 im married with 4 step children and about to foster/adopt another (all of the baby daddy's are POS)... anytime i really want to do something the wife is objecting to, i remind her that i don't have to stick around, i could be like any other loser and divorce her over my selfish desires.. that usually snaps her back into reality.. i use the code word "B'elanna" when referencing her attitude.. you know, we like doing things together, with friends and family, but we also like peace and quiet, especially when the kids aren't around..

Zemedici

Established Member
at 26 i started my own business.. only child, not married, no kids, nothing.. now at 34 im married with 4 step children and about to foster/adopt another (all of the baby daddy's are POS)... anytime i really want to do something the wife is objecting to, i remind her that i don't have to stick around, i could be like any other loser and divorce her over my selfish desires.. that usually snaps her back into reality.. i use the code word "B'elanna" when referencing her attitude.. you know, we like doing things together, with friends and family, but we also like peace and quiet, especially when the kids aren't around..

holy children batman.

Good - you have enough children I don't need to have any, and it'll even out :D

M240Bravo

Established Member
I was going to quote people, but so many people are in here saying the same thing as I am lol.

Again I'm not upset with my friends that have moved on or that are super busy with their lives and stuff. Just saying it sucks to do so many things alone.

I have a awesome woman, we are both homebodies, we both loves food and movies and doing sexy time. But other then that we both like our own time. During the week I stay at our lake house and she stays at the normal house, then the weekend she does stuff with her family and I do whatever I want.

And being 30plus and trying to make dude friends is so hard lol its like being a teenage girl or something.

I tried to meet people doing winter bike track events in the southwest in the winter time(vegas,phoenix,and 2 cali places). So many of the guys live down in the south and only do bike stuff, and I ain't going to the southwest in the summer time.

I have tried going back to doing power lifting events but guys in their 30s and 40s that do this are so weird and most live like that mickey rourke the wrestler lol.

I do precision rifle series in the south east (kentucky, west virginia, north carolina) No one wants to talk because 90% all think you are some government spying on them lol.

I have tried to get back into video games, but having kids telling me they just did my mom gets old fast.

I want a app thats called BRO finder lol. You can put your hobbies in the app and it matches you with other guys that do the same thing. But I bet it would just turn into tinder for gay dudes or something.

Users who are viewing this thread