Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to......

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I want a app thats called BRO finder lol. You can put your hobbies in the app and it matches you with other guys that do the same thing. But I bet it would just turn into tinder for gay dudes or something.
That could be a million dollar idea or as you said it might be the new Grinder app...or become a place for Jersey Shore types.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
My dad always told me to consider myself lucky if I had more than 2 or 3 true friends in my life. Turns out he was right, and I do consider myself lucky. I'm fortunate my real friends do have time for me. They just live hours away from me, so I rarely see them.

People say, "just make new friends where you live". I get it.....sounds easy. Well, this is gonna sound pathetic, but I've found making friends as an adult to be exceedingly difficult. As a result, I've got nobody around here to do things with. Just the way it goes.
I’ve always wanted to move south to have better weather and be closer to water, but have always feared this. What happens when I leave my 3-4 close friends? What’s the chances of finding a friend as good as the ones you’ve known since the 2nd grade. It’s sometimes hard to even enjoy racing when you go by yourself.

Zemedici

Established Member
I was going to quote people, but so many people are in here saying the same thing as I am lol.

Again I'm not upset with my friends that have moved on or that are super busy with their lives and stuff. Just saying it sucks to do so many things alone.

I have a awesome woman, we are both homebodies, we both loves food and movies and doing sexy time. But other then that we both like our own time. During the week I stay at our lake house and she stays at the normal house, then the weekend she does stuff with her family and I do whatever I want.

And being 30plus and trying to make dude friends is so hard lol its like being a teenage girl or something.

I tried to meet people doing winter bike track events in the southwest in the winter time(vegas,phoenix,and 2 cali places). So many of the guys live down in the south and only do bike stuff, and I ain't going to the southwest in the summer time.

I have tried going back to doing power lifting events but guys in their 30s and 40s that do this are so weird and most live like that mickey rourke the wrestler lol.

I do precision rifle series in the south east (kentucky, west virginia, north carolina) No one wants to talk because 90% all think you are some government spying on them lol.

I have tried to get back into video games, but having kids telling me they just did my mom gets old fast.

I want a app thats called BRO finder lol. You can put your hobbies in the app and it matches you with other guys that do the same thing. But I bet it would just turn into tinder for gay dudes or something.

I can relate to guys in the ole bible belt not wanting to talk much about rifles, I experience the same shit...

Like yeah guys, skinny ass white dude with tattoos and piercings is DEFINITELY in with T$.... lolol I think it's just the area and the old fashioned 'stick to yourself' mindset a lot have

As for the video games, my old lady and I play just in a party with each other. I have everyone else I ever come into contact automatically muted, I just put on some chill music and do my thing. I'm with you, everyone's either 14 and thinks they're hilarious, or 40 and thinks they're hilarious. Its crazy cuz we watch twitch streamers, and they're witty and have so much personality, and would be so fun to play with, but as @CompOrange04GT found out, not all players are that way...most are boring as ****.

Bro finder would be a sick app.....and there's no references to dicks / phallus / cucumber / mayo in the title, so teh gayz would probably stay away. Or you just make it so macho they're scared to join. hahaha

LETS DESIGN IT.

Coiled03

Established Member
I’ve always wanted to move south to have better weather and be closer to water, but have always feared this. What happens when I leave my 3-4 close friends? What’s the chances of finding a friend as good as the ones you’ve known since the 2nd grade. It’s sometimes hard to even enjoy racing when you go by yourself.

If you're like me, for about 50/52 weeks of the year, you don't see them, and you're by yourself. Then, when you get together with them, you have a blast, wish it lasted longer, and go your separate ways when it's over. Just got back from our annual Vegas trip a couple weeks ago. We had so much fun, and made so many memories. Now, I probably won't see most, if any of them until next fall.

Anyhow, you just have to decide if staying by your friends is more or less important than living in an area that has what you want. A lot of it has to do with how comfortable you are being alone - not necessarily lonely, but alone.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Haven't read the whole thread but I've noticed that some friends with kids COMPLETELY fall off the map and others are mostly unaffected.

At 34 and married I can mostly do what I want and I expect that to only change a little once our first comes in April.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I know the feeling. I work 10-11 hour days, so my time is limited.

Tuesday - Karate
Wednesday - Football practice
Saturday - Football games
Sunday - Sunday school, Cub Scouts

In between all that, trying to spend time with my wife and dogs, helping with homework, maintaining 5.5 acres, home projects and spend time with my father.

Time management is crucial.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I can relate to guys in the ole bible belt not wanting to talk much about rifles, I experience the same shit...

Like yeah guys, skinny ass white dude with tattoos and piercings is DEFINITELY in with T$.... lolol I think it's just the area and the old fashioned 'stick to yourself' mindset a lot have

As for the video games, my old lady and I play just in a party with each other. I have everyone else I ever come into contact automatically muted, I just put on some chill music and do my thing. I'm with you, everyone's either 14 and thinks they're hilarious, or 40 and thinks they're hilarious. Its crazy cuz we watch twitch streamers, and they're witty and have so much personality, and would be so fun to play with, but as @CompOrange04GT found out, not all players are that way...most are boring as ****.

Bro finder would be a sick app.....and there's no references to dicks / phallus / cucumber / mayo in the title, so teh gayz would probably stay away. Or you just make it so macho they're scared to join. hahaha

LETS DESIGN IT.
Yup 99% of people you will find online are young AF, or boring AF.

I play almost every day, and it's either I have everyone muted, or I party with specific people.

I got on with a guy who streams on youtube recently as @Zemedici knows. Dude couldnt even survive long enough to be watched on stream. His whole chat was bragging about MY play because he would view my screen after he died.

@M240Bravo if you play fortnite.. LMK I'll add you for fun as hell games. Just let me get a few .. ( or 6 ) drinks in me

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
Yup 99% of people you will find online are young AF, or boring AF.

I play almost every day, and it's either I have everyone muted, or I party with specific people.

I got on with a guy who streams on youtube recently as @Zemedici knows. Dude couldnt even survive long enough to be watched on stream. His whole chat was bragging about MY play because he would view my screen after he died.

@M240Bravo if you play fortnite.. LMK I'll add you for fun as hell games. Just let me get a few .. ( or 6 ) drinks in me
I used to do this with seven or eight people on Diablo 3 before i got married... drink til 9-10pm every night in my little house... ahh what a peaceful time it was...

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I think I'm on group 3 of car friends since moving to this area 10 years ago.

People also think I'm crazy that I've owned my car for 11 years and still playing with it.

I let the group move on and find another group to do things with. Always a little gap between them but not a big deal

33, married 9 yrs, no kids, work all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
It's crazy. This planet needs a reset. Maybe not a meteor (I mean hell, I'd take it), but a nice big fat EMP or solar flare to stun technology. Let everyone wake up and go "whoa..."

Technology has turned humanity into NPC's

1539689593718.jpg

I don't have ANY interest in having kids, so I guess I'm just the oddball. My brother's getting married in March (he's 23, I'm 26) so he says EVERY last penny has to go to that, he cannot afford to get COD, nothing.

God damn, you're 26? I didn't realize we're the same age, I thought you were like.... 35.....

nxhappy

Established Member
wait till you have a baby LOL.....you have MAYBE half a day or a day to relax out of the 7 days ... and it's really weird when most of your friends aren't parents yet ....they truly have no idea what it's like. I love my kid, wouldn't change my "new life" for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread