Went Back to Dyno

04ASSASSIN

Established Member
Went to CPR Racing today. With Bassani long tube headers, x-pipe, MagnaFlow catback, cold air, and pulleys car made 253 hp and 288 tq.
Would post pic of graph but not sure how.

PJM99

Established Member
Are pullies and cold air intake benifical at all on an otherwise stock motor? Our cars came stock with underdrive pullies and the stock air intake already is setup to suck air through the fender. I assume stock it should flow good with a k&n filter and the air silencer removed.

I'm still running the stock headers, intake and pullies with a K&N filter and I pulled 240 hp and 294 tq.

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
PJM99 said:
Are pullies and cold air intake benifical at all on an otherwise stock motor? Our cars came stock with underdrive pullies and the stock air intake already is setup to suck air through the fender. I assume stock it should flow good with a k&n filter and the air silencer removed.

I'm still running the stock headers, intake and pullies with a K&N filter and I pulled 240 hp and 294 tq.

I believe that the pulleys help the most at WOT, but the cold air helps with fuel atomization throughout the rev range because of the dt outside of the engine compartment. Your assumption is correct: even with an aftermarket intake pipe the big restriction would be the throttlebody @ 65mm. My car is close to stock w/ an Edlebrock intake and Bullet 77maf, longtubes and high flow cats= 295hp/290tq. (Oops, just looked at my sig--I forgot about the overbore and mild head work--sorry, not very stock at all I guess :shrug: )

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Actually, fuel atomizes WORSE the colder the air gets. The colder the air is, however, the more dense the air is coming into the motor.

I was fixing to call :bs: on your numbers till you edited your post... :D

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
PJM99 said:

I think some headers would be a very worthwhile addition to your mostly stock car

sled

Established Member
my buddies 88GT has a E303 cam, cobra intake, underdrive pulleys and shorty headers. its converted to a mass air car, but its a stock meter with stock injectors. it made 257rwhp and 319rwtq. i believe this is real good for whats done to it.

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
Actually, fuel atomizes WORSE the colder the air gets. The colder the air is, however, the more dense the air is coming into the motor.

I was fixing to call :bs: on your numbers till you edited your post... :D

You are correct. I was trying to convey a thought with the wrong terminology: Denser air allows the cylinders to be packed with more air and more fuel allowing for more horsepower to be produced due to the heaviness (density) of the air/fuel mixture, hence, the attraction of the cold air intake. (how's that for a run-on sentence). Nice ride, #2771! :-D

Thanks for helping to keep our discussions accurate.

Peace
Batman

PJM99

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
I think some headers would be a very worthwhile addition to your mostly stock car

I'm getting the Ford racing headers within the next month or so. I forgot to mention, I do have an offroad X and flows on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread