Went for a ride in a '11

Cobra Jay

Got Boost?
Established Member
Very nice.

Yes it is:beer:

Hey Cobra Jay,

Maybe you can answer a question for me. I am buying or hope to buy my first Mustang and first Ford for that fact. Went to my local dealer and placed the order for a 2011 GT 500, order went in but the dealer rep told us he wont have an allocation for the car. The dealer has already ordered one sold order already and mine is the second. Is there any way to know when my dealer may get my allocation? Does a way exist to get an allocation sooner?

I have been a GM guy for the last 15 years and have always just ordered the car I wanted and it would show up 3-8 weeks later once production was started, so this allocation thing is all new to me.

any help or information would be appreciated.

No clue. Never heard of an allocation?

try blueovalnews.com

I am looking at getting into a 2011 5.0, but I cannot find any dealerships with stock. Whats the deal?

:lol1:

Considering that you're in Michigan, you shouldn't have ANY trouble finding a dealer that'll help you out. Try an old SVT dealer or at least one of the bigger dealers. They'll take your order.

I'm guessing that you haven't even gone to a dealership, because they would tell you that-

Production hasn't even started yet, bud. :
lol:

IDK what going to a different dealer has to do with getting one quicker considering they arent even being built yet

bold- :lol:

Figured out that today, thanks for the humor:burn:

you can order one, but they won't beging production on them for a while

Last edited:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
IDK what going to a different dealer has to do with getting one quicker considering they arent even being built yet

bold- :lol:

It's called ALLOCATION. When a hot new model comes out, the bigger dealers are allocated more than the smaller ones, based on sales.

It's been that way for years.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member

Figured out that today, thanks for the humor:burn:[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

What's with the flame? I answered your question. It's not my fault that you've been living under a rock. :poke:

cobra199711

Established Member
The local Ford dealer has 4 coming in and they said they should arrive Mid to end of April-Does that sound right? The salesman even said their sales manager thinks there may be some incentives?

Last edited:

03cobra5485

Established Member
is it just me or is there a lot of plastic on that thing? under the hood i mean

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
I heard that production got pushed back. Was supposed to start today (3/15) but has been bumped back to second week of April. I imagine that unless your dealer put in the order on the day the order bank opened he wont be getting his for a while.
My brother ordered his on day one and got vin # 19. Its actually considered a pre-production car (?). It will be going straight to Shelby for GT350 conversion (CSM#19).
He is hoping to have it for MidAmerica in June, but it may be close.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
interesting!

did ford do away with the hydroboost brakes? looks like it has a manifold vacuum power brake system, but i am wondering if it is just because it is a test mule

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
interesting!

did ford do away with the hydroboost brakes? looks like it has a manifold vacuum power brake system, but i am wondering if it is just because it is a test mule

The hydroboost brake system was gone in 2005 !

Users who are viewing this thread