Western Canada speed shops

YoungJim

Established Member
Anyone know of any good ones? I know there's WMS, but I'm looking for a place to get a set of subs (and I mean subframe connecters, big goofy speakers won't help my car go faster) installed, and I'd as soon as pay someone who knows what they're doing than screw it up myself. Thanks. Jim.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
I've had subframes installed on both of my stangs by WMS. There are other options though like the Jesse @ Autothrill. He does all of The Mustang Shops installs.
Steve at AAA Automotive is another good guy to check with.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Your cobra isn't a sonic blue coupe is it??
I saw a sonic blue coupe in Cold Lake last fall when I was there.

YoungJim

Established Member
Might have been :) If it had the satin rims it was mine, if it had the chrome ones it belonged to a guy in Bonnyville who has since gotten out of it. What had you in Cold Lake? Nice place in the world to visit, but I don't recommend the winters ;)

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Ya it was you then. Sonic Blue coupe with Satin rims.
I work in the oil patch. I'm a Directional Driller for Sperry-Sun and was working for Husky on the Tucker Lake SAGD project for most of last year.

04torchred

Established Member
Try Tim at "Zero to 60". (403) 237-0260, he has the best price for installing subframes that I have found so far. I just ordered some Maximum Motorsports FLSFC and I am having Tim install mine for me as soon as they arrive.

YoungJim

Established Member
Cool, thanks for the pointers, if any of you have seen Cold Lake "roads," then you'll know why I'm looking for a set. Cheers. Jim.

04torchred

Established Member
YoungJim said:
Cool, thanks for the pointers, if any of you have seen Cold Lake "roads," then you'll know why I'm looking for a set. Cheers. Jim.

No worries man! I believe Tim use to work with WMS before they moved. I would go with the MM FLSFC. The Mustang shop has bare ones in stock for a reasonable price, but I got them to order me powder coated one... so I have to wait 2.5 weeks.

66GT5.0L

Established Member
A friend of mine bought subframe connectors from WMS in Calgary for his '00 convertible and had them installed at Freedom Ford in Edmonton. He is very happy with both places.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Yup the WMS subframes are good pieces and of course the MM ones are top notch.
TIM is a great guy as well and a very good mechanic.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Yup the WMS subframes are good pieces and of course the MM ones are top notch.
TIM is a great guy as well and a very good mechanic.

Yeah either brand of subframes are going to work well. I rode in Brian's car(WMS subframes) and that is when I realized just how much tighter the car felt. So after that I decided it was time to buy them.

Car is looking good by the way Ryan! Hopefully my car is running by next Wednesday and we can all meet up down at A&W.

04torchred

Established Member
Got the Maximum Motorsports subframes put on last week. Definately made the car a lot tighter feeling and solid. Not rough over bumps or anything like that. Body roll is way down and the car handles noticebly better. Just has a more solid feeling. Tim at Zero To Sixty racing did them for me and did a great job. Glad I put them on, very worth while mod.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Awesome. This is the first mod guys should be doing on these cars.
All of my parts should be in next week. Gonna be fun. I also got a BAP just to be safe incase I go to BC or if the DA is low one night.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Awesome. This is the first mod guys should be doing on these cars.
All of my parts should be in next week. Gonna be fun. I also got a BAP just to be safe incase I go to BC or if the DA is low one night.

Good stuff Ryan. I am thinking about buying some 60's right now, then getting GT pumps at Christmas, and MAF when I have spare cash. Then I can get the spray in spring :burnout:

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Awesome. Ya I think I may do the same with mine one day. Ported eaton is really quick on the street and the spray would give you enough to take care of all the twin screw guys around for WAY cheaper.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Awesome. Ya I think I may do the same with mine one day. Ported eaton is really quick on the street and the spray would give you enough to take care of all the twin screw guys around for WAY cheaper.

Yeah I just want to hold my own against some of them. Thinking when this happens I will start with a 75 hp shot and then bump it to a 100 hp shot when I get use to how it sprays and make sure everything works how it should.

Users who are viewing this thread