WESTFIELD is VOIDING WARRANTY because of airfilter! PLEASE READ

SnakeR

Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
BUT - another member just contacted me from here who bought an anniversary Cobra recently and his BRAKE LINES look exactly like mine he says. Interesting..

So, this is an assembly line problem?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
It may very well be!!!! I hope he doesn't mind, here is his message:

I had read your thread on your brake line problem and I have something
interesting to share. I just bought an 03 10th anniversary coupe with
25 documented miles on it (test vehicle). I took delivery on it today.
Well, to make a long story short - mine looks EXACTLY the same as yours
did. The brake line comes up from the ABS module makes contact with
the intercooler reservoir line, loops up then back down making contact
with some kind of evac can and then runs back along the engine even
making contact with an a/c line. SO there is a precendent set. I am going
to be back at my dealership ASAP to have this rectified. This could
very well be a factory issue.

SnakeR

Established Member
Regardless of where the line fault was made, there's no excuse of how you have been treated by many of the parties involved. Very poor customer service to blatantly acuse the customer of wrongdoing, on the spot, without any proof to back up their words. Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"? (within reason, of course)

Word of mouth goes a long way and having a bad business reputation in a competitive climate as it is now is just bad sense.

I really hope everyone keeps spreading the word about poor customer treatment by Westfield and any other problem dealerships. One person may not have a voice but collectively we all can make a difference as shown by this thread.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I stopped out at Rizza after work to see if you guys were still there. I talked with a group of mechanics and a guy in a dress shirt informed me what had happened. He said an engineer looked at it and not an SVT rep? Just repeating what the guy said. He said it wasn't a warranty issue.

If you guys have another car with the same problem, especially with 25 miles on it that opens up another can of worms. I find it hard to believe the factory could screw up the lines as badly as yours are bent but stranger things HAVE happened.

Can this other guy with the same problem post some pics?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Yes, a Ford FSE (Field Service Engineer) looked at it. It's damage to the brake lines that will NOT be covered because I cannot prove they did it. But it may have came from the factory this way. The user is BCM that said he had the same brake lines as I.

So this may be a factory defect.

Mike

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
That really sucks Mike I would not be the least bit suprised if it came from the factory like that. I know they said they wouldnt fix the brake lines under warranty but what did they say about voiding your warranty because of your "mods" ?looking at your list of mods I think thier must be very few stock cars on the street . Better remove those air freshners before taking it in for warranty work guys.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Manusson act does not effect this situation. They are not voiding the Warranty because the K&N was installed. They are voiding because of SUPOSED damage while installing the product..

Mike, you need to call teh Dispute settlement board and get them to mail out the paper work and file a claim. you will have to do this before you sue, no matter what. If you do not like the arbitration results the next step in a lawsuit. I am currently processing a claim through them for a vibration. Once a Service reap. has closed it the next step is the DSB. the # is 800-428-3718.. If you can get the info of the guy who has the same issue from teh factory and include it, that would be best.

Eric

7DMACH1

Established Member
I wonder if it could have happened in transportation on a train of car carrier truck. They tie the vehicles down!!!! Did they wrap something over the lines to tie the frame rail down and it damaged the lines?????? I work for a Lincoln Mercury Dealer in Phila. Pa. I've seen problems caused by transportation. The people tieing the cars down may be unaware of lines running along that frame rail. RAY THE PARTS MGR.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I don't think transportation could have caused the brake lines to go from under the ABS controller to above it. According to the service tech at Rizza, they were routed wrong. So either someone dropped out the ABS controller and this happened when the ABS controller was installed/uninstalled/reinstalled at the factory.

My warranty is 100% good, I just need to have the brake lines replaced to get those lines BACK under Ford warranty. The FSE told me that the service person (Rick Claves) at Westfield got a little hot headed and he has no power to void my warranty. He just wanted me to pay for it or get out because it was damage.

One thing the Ford FSE said that kind of disturbed me, and Dana was there to hear it as well. If it caused catastrophic failure and I was in an accident, that's too bad, because it states in the Ford warranty that any damage is not covered. yadda yadda ... I was being shot down by the FSE and scolded like a child in the beginning, but Dana set him straight and the conversation ended nicely instead of me walking out feeling completely humiliated.

Mike

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Yes but I have to pay for the brake lines OUT OF POCKET and they will re-warranty the brakes.

The person from here contacted me and they ordered new brake lines for him! He just left me a message. I *NEED* the name of his dealership, his name, and service advisor or manager so I can get this fixed under warranty! The case is CLOSED! So all information can be made public.

I need the dealership to take photos of his brake lines and to their surprise it will look just like mine that the FSE took!

Mike

Last edited:

a94cobra

Established Member
That's avery good idea. Get before and after pictures of the other guy with the problem. Then after he is done at the dealership take all the info with you back to yours. Or call the Ford service rep back.

Or visit his dealership for a fix.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
Ford has the worst record of any car company regarding warranty repair, according to my lawyer who specializes in Magnuson Moss warranty claims. Forget the hotline, total bs. They say they have no power to overrule warranty rejects. Forget settlement board, a total waste of time. Fix the problem yourself and sue. If the amount is not too large small claim court works great. Just forget the idea of Ford and its "warranty" service. See my experience under rod/bearing failure. I am also suing the SVT dealer that sold me the car.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
OK - so I am READY TO PAY FOR THE NEW LINES .. I'm like to HELL with it, I will PAY for the lines...

Since TUESDAY, for the LIFE of them, THEY CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT PART NUMBERS TO ORDER!!!!!!

They said when they look up the parts in the microfiche, there is NO NUMBER LISTED

So I can't even PAY OUT OF MY OWN POCKET to have this FIXED!!!!

:gt:

HAHAHAHA soon as I posted this, THEY CALLED!!!! It's $279 parts and labor. Done deal. Parts should be in on Monday, so they can fix the lines and I can begin to enjoy my Cobra for a little before the snow hits.

MIke

Last edited:

7DMACH1

Established Member
microfiche?????? Must be living in the dark ages!!! Haven't they heard of computers???? Our dealership hasn't used microfiche in over 10 years!!!! RAy

i8u

Established Member
Was it determined by ford that you damaged the brake lines? If not why do you have to pay for them out of pocket?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The FSE said I cannot prove who did it even if they did do it and they cannot prove I did it. There is no proof, but the final word is WARRANTY does not cover DAMAGE. So until others come forward with the same mangled lines, it's out of my pocket.

i8u

Established Member
Don't know anything about the car crash..... I hope it wasn't one of the guys that post on here.

I have seen your problem happen before. The problem was corrected before it ever left the shop though. It will be hard to find others with your problem unless someone on the assembly line screwed up bigtime. I assume a tech at westfield screwed up when he did the brake work and will not admit to it for fear of losing his job.

Do you have the ticket of the brake work that was done at westfield?

Users who are viewing this thread