• kB coupe

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Turbo vert

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

turbovenom

Established Member
found 2 03 cobras can’t decide as far as price they are about the same distance from me about the same
Keeping the long list short and sweet

1 silver coupe kB 20psi 55kmiles some extras 550hp

2 red vert turbo all support mods cage 700hp 29k miles

coposrv

Established Member
Tough one. Can you have the Coupes drive train in the vert chassis? I would take coupe in all honestly. Simple motor combo and every mustang I’ve been in with a tube K eventually turns into a rattle trap.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Balt21

Established Member
I would go coupe, but I tend to like hard tops better than convertibles in general.

Of those two descriptions the vert sounds less street friendly with the cage, but is already set up for bigger power/faster ETs. So I would say it depends on what you plan to do with the car.

Machdup1

Established Member
Need full list mods to both vehicles to give informed opinion. They both sound highly modified so you could be buying else’s mess if they did not do a quality build.

It would also be useful to know who did the builds and tunes.

MG0h3

Established Member
20psi and 550hp...boooooo

Must be on super low timing. Never understood why people do that. Twin screw on pump gas makes more than that on 15psi

turbovenom

Established Member
Coupe
Engine rebuilt by previous owner and was bored .30 over and has Manley pistons with a compression ratio of around 8.5:1 so it’s safe for pump gas
Engine has head studs and main studs and stock Manley h beam rods.
Kennel bell 2.4
Ford racing 60lb injectors and kB bap
Lowered on ford racing fr500 18s
Has stock headers with bassani catted x and Borla stinger exhaust.
Has pro 5.0 shifter.
Center force dual friction clutch.
Sct ba3000 maf.

Drilled and slotted rotors
IRS diff bushings.
Upgraded idler pulleys

Vert
Ford Mustang Cobra torch red convertible, 29k miles, Very well built, highly modified turbo car, done by P&P Performance 18" ZO wheels with Michelin pilot rubber on the front and Nitto racing tires on the rear. MGW shifter, sub frame connectors. Professionally built turbo cobra engine making approx 700HP at the rear wheels,. K&N intake, larger injectors, focus pumps with larger fuel lines, ford racing valve covers, billet flow throttle body, polished overflow and intercooler tank reservoirs, larger heat exchanger, racing radiator, billet interior accessories, pillar mounted fuel pressure and boost gauges with raptor shift light, auburn electric differential locker, SLP line lock, electric high flow water pump, billet low differential brace, dss level 7 half shafts, coil over front suspension, maxum motorsorts A-Arms, tubular K Member, cobra shift knob, cobra box cover, hydraulic hood shocks, bassani exhaust with high flow cats, cobra gas cap covers. High performance clutch with 26 spline input shat, vented and slotted rotors, tinted windows,
It’s also got polished valve covers sheet metal intake looks like it was done right I’ll know tomorrow what went into engine etc

turbovenom

Established Member
20psi and 550hp...boooooo

Must be on super low timing. Never understood why people do that. Twin screw on pump gas makes more than that on 15psi

This is one thing I’m curious I asked dude how much boost he was running cause it seemed low when he said 20psi it sounds low cause I think the add said 530 or so I just did 550 to keep it easy but I don’t know what timing I can get a copy of Dyno it might tell

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I would go with the KB coupe for the reliability/simplicity of the KB and all the low end torque makes for a more fun car IMO. Retune with E85 shoot for 600+ and call it a day.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
+1 for coupes. Verts are fun for cruising, Coupes are for really getting down. Wouldnt want to push a vert hard unless I had a solid roll bar installed. Even then, it cant replace that structural integrity a roof structure provides. Thats for power production and handling.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
Turbo sounds so nice. I want a turbo vert really bad. So nice for enjoying all the turbo noises I personally like. Twinscrews are great for sounds too, I’m just big on turbo.

I’m not huge on torch red personally, but the car looks/seems great.

I’d get the vert in this situation but it’s because I love turbo personally

Users who are viewing this thread