• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

What are my options for shipping mounted wheels????

Discussion in '2013-14 Shelby GT500' started by Cman01, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Cman01

Cman01 hello Established Member

I'm thinking of listing my Forgeline wheels FS here in the marketplace, I currently have them listed locally on kijiji.

My concern is shipping of these wheels if someone buys them since I am in Toronto, Canada. Even if I ship them to someone in Canada it's probably not going to be pretty cost wise to ship and I'm sure having them go to a US person is going to be worse.

So what are my options??? Would be great if someone is planning a trip to Toronto and it lines up with them wanting a set of wicked wheels for their Shelby and has the room to buy them and haul them home but other than that what can I do???

Tony

2. Ohio Snake

Ohio Snake Well-Known Member Established Member

I just paid for wheel rims (no tires) shipped Fedex and the cost was around $175.00. Adding wheels for weight will obviously increase that price. I would weigh a rim and tire, get dimensions, call FedEx and UPS or some other shipper and get an estimated for shipping to California, Texas and Florida. Chances are , the shipment will not exceed these distances and you will know what to charge if you need to ship.

Best to ask about international shipping. Canada to US. Pickup would be best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. 1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2 If not today, when ?????? Established Member

I have a set of wheels being made, the co. in Kansas, quoted my shipping @ $ 190.00 for the set, not sure of the shipper.

4. Cman01

I should add that they have tires mounted on them already and would like to ship it complete, so I guess my OE posting was not quite correct since I only mentioned wheels...……………...but they will have tires already mounted.

5. Ohio Snake

Ohio Snake Well-Known Member Established Member

Your subject line says mounted wheels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Cman01

Yeah, I saw it after I did post #4 even though I did only mention "wheels" in the first post.

7. specracer

specracer SVTOA MCA Premium Member

Start with the Canadian equivalent of Craigs List (I forget what its called), to see if you can get a local sale.

8. Cman01

It's already listed locally on Kijiji.

edit: I just listed them in the marketplace, I'll figure out shipping with any prospective buyer(s) when I hear from them. Go there to have a look.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  9. 1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2 If not today, when ?????? Established Member

I had a set of wheels with tires mounted for sale on this site. Took a rear wheel to my local UPS with a potential buyer's zip code. A rough estimate was $ 150.00 ea. to his address out west, which didn't include the box, which were $ 36.00 ea. Needless to say, this buyer declined the sale. I got lucky, a guy drove up from Maryland & bought them,...............good luck with your sale..

10. fearthesnake

fearthesnake Well-Known Member Established Member

Try Shipnex. Have one of their Cust Service Reps fill out the Shipping cost estimate. Saved myself a couple hundred bucks when I had my Rims/Tires shipped from Texas to S.C. I think I paid $240 bucks Total for the set of 4.

11. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

To the best of my knowledge, heavier weight items like this are cheaper to ship with FedEx. Get prices for both UPS and FedEx, of course.

12. Klaus

Klaus Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

Go on youtube and check packing technique. Best method is to get shipping boxes which you cut and put on both sides then you use giant saran wrap roller to wrap them up. Note that if you are just shipping tires you do not need to pack them and can just slap the label directly on tire.

UPS and FedEx will be ass rape expensive.

Greyhound (yes the busline) will be the cheapest.

There is a hardware company that has warehouses all over the country and you can buy excess capacity on their trucks. They will be second cheapest. The company name starts with an "F" and I am too lazy to look it up. There are other companies that do this, too, you will find them if you do a little research.

Third cheapest will be a freight broker. They are a pain in the ass to deal with though and often will not give you a price until you commit.

13. LuuisHernandez

LuuisHernandez Active Member Established Member

Greyhound. Shipped a set of wheels and tires from Texas to California for under 100. And as long as the face is covered and protected, the tires will do great in adding even more protection for the wheels themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

14. turbovenom

turbovenom Member Established Member

Greyhound and uship on uship u need to create a listing it’s free but they will have instant offers that aren’t great the listing lets anyone on the site give a bid I just had a set of wheels n tires brought to me next day and cheaper than anywhere else I had a street bike shipped from LA to AZ in one day for way less than my time or fuel would have been under 150$ just depends on who’s available who’s already heading your direction a lot of guys just try to pickup side cash to cover fuel for their real loads

15. Nutty 5.0

Nutty 5.0 Well-Known Member Established Member

Fastenal is the place. I know people who use them to ship pinball machines regularly. You have to pack them up and bring to them. But relatively easy to find one at least around me.

Klaus likes this.
  16. Coosawjack

Coosawjack Well-Known Member Established Member

+1 on Greyhound!!:D

17. RazorGTP

RazorGTP Oilsands Baby! Premium Member Established Member