February2014Loweringspringsgt500002_zpse45d2319.jpg

This next pic was before the lowering springs:

February2014atco008_zpscf0051c2.jpg

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
holy back from the grave!

i guess you have never driven in any heat

I live in Florida and daily drive my car and have never experienced "heat soak" that people describe. Ill get one at one point I know it keeps temps down. But there are a ton of mods that should be done before that.

12gt500

Established Member
I live in Florida and daily drive my car and have never experienced "heat soak" that people describe. Ill get one at one point I know it keeps temps down. But there are a ton of mods that should be done before that.

i went straight to a tvs from vmp. it made tons of power it really is the most bang for your buck to go tvs.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member

I would venture to say that you are experiencing it, and are not even realizing that you are experiencing it.

I'm also in Florida, albeit a little bit south of you :), and can feel it after 10-15 minutes of cruising in the hot Florida sun. The car is never as strong as that first morning "pull".

Rob

nxhappy

Established Member
colder IATs is always a good thing....hence why everyone upgrades the heat exchanger .

In a hot and humid state like FL, I would definitely get a HE. I just got my car but that will be next on my list.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Wow this thread is old...heck my replay is when I first bought my car....Lol I am thinking on what my mod list looks like now compared to then !

FL car, H/E should be on the list. 11~12, Shifter. If you are going to run the car, LCA's. After that, just get what you like. A pulley/tune is great place to add power without a blower swap.

Doc Vegas

Established Member
The H/E looks like a major bee-autch to install. The shifter was no fun, but the H/E looks beyond my capabilities (or I would do it). I am in Tucson! Not humid, but REALLY HOT!!! :burn:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
The H/E looks like a major bee-autch to install. The shifter was no fun, but the H/E looks beyond my capabilities (or I would do it). I am in Tucson! Not humid, but REALLY HOT!!! :burn:

If you can follow directions and have a buddy to assist it's really not bad

Sirhc7897

Established Member

I live in Macclenny and drive daily into Jacksonville for work....Unless you're driving your car for five minutes and then letting it sit for hours at a time you're experiencing heat soak....

One of the best mods I've added so far was a dual fan heat exchanger...Even right now in the cooler months the difference in maintaining power is amazing....i can only imagine once it gets 90+ degrees come May through October...

Doc Vegas

Established Member
OK guys, so who makes the best H/E? And.... who makes the most affordable H/E? Best bang for buck I guess is where I would end up on this spectrum. Any value to the larger reservoir I see on-line? As an engineer, I am skeptical the larger reservoir will help much.....

barspen

Established Member
It's not that difficult

It's really not that bad. Jack stands are a must. I made sure to take my time (opened up the whole weekend for the project) and read the directions (from Van @ Revan) and watched several YouTube videos of the process (Justin from VMP). After doing the homework, I could almost do the install in my sleep :rolling:

It went way faster than I planned, but I purposely did the HE install on day 1 and electrical wiring on day 2. I was very meticulous with the wiring and used wire loom of different diameters to keep things very clean.

If you buy from Van, he is more than willing to help over the phone and via email. Also heard good things about the VMP HE.

The best install guide IMHO is linked somewhere on this forum by 'gr8snkbite'

Good luck!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
OK guys, so who makes the best H/E? And.... who makes the most affordable H/E? Best bang for buck I guess is where I would end up on this spectrum. Any value to the larger reservoir I see on-line? As an engineer, I am skeptical the larger reservoir will help much.....

We do. VMP Tuning & Superchargers.

AFCO builds it for us. The new Gen 2 will be out in about 2 weeks.

2 HUGE 10" SPAL puller fans.

Triple pass.

Unlimited tech support.

$799

Larger rez......mmmm, yeah, marginally better. But for that price it's a nice upgrade.

I'd be glad to talk to you about it. (321) 206-9369

bj

VNMOUS1

Established Member
TRIPLE pass. Same industry leading 10" Spal fans. NO price increase.

93oh

Established Member
Trading it for a 2014 GT 500. (Jk). Lower pulley, cai and Lund tune... Single cf driveshaft and drain goddamn mercron out of trans and pour in Mobil one ATF synthetic. Thereafter, set of kooks long tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread