What are these two '05 Mustang GTs worth?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Hey guys,

One of my sons is interested in getting an ’05 GT and found a couple of used ones close by. Since they’re so new, it’s hard to know what they’re worth so I wondered if you guys might be able to offer some help. Below are descriptions of the two cars. I’m not up on what is std equip on these cars and what isn’t, so please bear with me. No price was listed for either. What do you think they are worth? I appreciate all your help!

Here is the description of the first one:
Description — 2005 Ford Mustang GT, Mineral gray/Parchment, 8466 miles, manual, VIN: 1ZVFT82H055103347. This GT Coupe includes the 4.6L V8, 5-spd manual transmission, leather, pwr drivers seat/windows/locks/mirrors, abs, tilt, cruise, a/c, tachometer, Shaker 1000 am/fm/6-cd, alloy wheels, remote entry and much more!

Here is the description of the second one:
Description — 2005 Ford Mustang GT, Legend lime/Black, 7282 miles, manual, VIN: 1ZVFT82H555103344. This GT Coupe includes the 4.6L V8, 5-spd manual transmission, leather, pwr drivers seat/windows/locks/mirrors, abs, tilt, cruise, a/c, tachometer, am/fm/cd, alloy wheels, rear spoiler, remote entry and much more!

Other equipment for both cars is the same as listed below. (I assume this means that all this stuff below comes stock.)

SAFETY
Depowered Airbags
ABS
Brakes-Front And Rear Ventilated Disc
Child Seat Anchors
Engine Immobilizer
Fog Lights-Front Fog/driving Lights
Headrests Front-2 Front Headrests
Passngr Airbag-Occupant Sensing Deactivation
Seatbelts Front-Front
Traction Control
Trunk Release

CONVENIENCE
Center Console-Front Console With Storage
Cruise Control
Cupholders-Front
Door Pockets-Front
Power Outlets-Front
Steering Adjustment-Tilt-adjustable
Steering Power-Power Steering
Steering Wheel Ctrl-Cruise Controls

COMFORT
Air Conditioning
Mats-Front
Steering Wheel Trim-Leather-wrapped
Vanity Mirrors

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
My son did go out and test drive it, but the salesman told him the wanted $32k for it! So obviously he left.

lukoi

Mustang Modding Newbie
Established Member
Mine is a silver ext./dark charcoal int. model that's very similar to both and was 27,800 MSRP. Most dealerships I've run across (and I mean 90%+ in the TN, KY area) were charging 2k-3200 over MSRP because the popularity meant they didn't have to cut any real deals.

Found a dealer in Carthage TN who sold me mine for MSRP (best price I'd find on one in 3 months) and gave me an excellent trade in on my Silverado to boot.

Bottom line, neither of those is worth 32k imo, especially considering both are close to 10k miles already.

I'd pass personally.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
32K is a hell of a lot of money for a used '05 GT. I paid 25,00 for my new blk/blk 5 speed '05 :D I 'd say run not walk away from that price. I would wait and order an '06 and get the color and options you want.

Fred

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
why not pay msrp or make an offer on a new one. or better yet order a 06 at a disclosed price.

rwbronco

Silver 2005 Mustang GT
Established Member
That's way too much, I work at a Ford dealership in Jackson, MS...family business. We haven't been lucky enough to have one show on the used car lot (we can't keep our hands on them mustless get any back) Friends of mine have been checking ebay recently.

I'd check www.kbb.com honestly to find a price. Them print it out, take it to them, and tell them that this is what you know. You need to expect a markup b/c the dealership is going to make money whether or not they sell it to you or some other guy...let them know you're not stupid and they'll respect you. trust me on this...be informed.

32k is WAY too much.
Mine was about 28 new. We sell new convertible GT's for about 35...

Last edited:

wculver

600hp is not enough!
Established Member
Obviously the prices for 05 Mustang GT's will range depending on color, options and availabilty. I have a preowned 05 available which is Redfire Clercoat metallic with leather interior AND the Shaker 1000 sound system (which is the best factory sound system I've ever heard!). Retail price is $30425. Discounted price is $27885. You may call me for more infor at 910-814-2243. Wayne.

RabidMongoos3

Established Member
wculver said:
Obviously the prices for 05 Mustang GT's will range depending on color, options and availabilty. I have a preowned 05 available which is Redfire Clercoat metallic with leather interior AND the Shaker 1000 sound system (which is the best factory sound system I've ever heard!). Retail price is $30425. Discounted price is $27885. You may call me for more infor at 910-814-2243. Wayne.
you dealerships are ****ing insane.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
22 to 25 maybe... If you're even thinking about paying 32000 for an 05, well, lets just say that's nuts.. Check out KBB like the other guy said..

Stock Stang

Established Member
05 stang

My dad has an 2005 GT Premium 5 sp.to sell,as he wants to get the New Shelby, it has only 118 miles and stays covered in the garage!! It is Windveil Blue/Black Leather,Interior upgrade package(my color dash),Bright machined alum. wheels,and Wheel lock package. It is perfect!!(New!!!!) Priced within reason,compared to the dealers. Pls.contact us if interested you can e-mail him direct at [email protected]

Last edited:

falcon65

Established Member
Realistic Pricing

There are several 2005 GT's and Roush Mustangs on ebay right now. I talked with one of the dealers in TN this afternoon and he was willing to sell me a BRAND NEW ROUSH for $32,344.00 plus TTL. So if a dealer is asking about that for a used 2005 that is ridiculous! :fm:

Just my $.02 worth.

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread