What are your first mods going to be?

Carl

Established Member
1. Get rid of supercharger silencer.
2. Better air filter.
3. Larger stock look intercooler reservoir.
5. Tune.
6. Pulley, athough I think they are using fairly small one from the factory.

Carl

Established Member
Tint.

Can you tell me more about supercharger silencer.

The 2010's and up have a silencer to reduce the supercharger whine. I like the whine so I'll replace it with an aftermarket air tube. Hopefully the Ford Racing part will fit the 2013...

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
The 2010's and up have a silencer to reduce the supercharger whine. I like the whine so I'll replace it with an aftermarket air tube. Hopefully the Ford Racing part will fit the 2013...

Yeah I'll want to hear the whine to. Is it an easy DIY?

Do you have instructions to some of these mods because I love to read about them?

carguy19

Established Member
Tint.

Can you tell me more about supercharger silencer.

I dont think this is accurate.

The TVS blowers aren't noisy like the 03 cobra blowers. They are about as quiet or quieter then a whipple. They arent going to have the same loud whining noise.

Can you show a picture of this "supercharger silencer" you speak of. I am curious to see what you are talking about.

Carl

Established Member
Yeah these are easy. The air tube is a couple of clamps. The intercooler reservoir was easy on my 2008 and looks like it came from the factory. The toughest mod I listed would be the pulley swap but with a good puller that's a quick job. Somewhere in this forum I saw what size pulley they are using. I'm sure it will be a while after the cars are released before the tuners release some good tunes. This engine should respond to a tune only quite nicely.

Carl

Established Member
@carguy19, I don't have a picture handy but you should be able to find an underhood shot of the 10 - 12 Shelby and look halfway between the air filter and throttle body and you will see the bulge. That's the silencer.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Would probably want to replace the CAI Filter with a washable one. I picked up the Airraid Blue for my 11.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
the silencer everyone is talking about " FRPP Resonator delete" thats what you need....I plan to get that and a airraid filter

also plan to get dark tint, the exhaust ill wait until they have a quad aftermarket style for it, im looking at wheels and tires but probably the year after....i dont plan to touch the car much at first, want to keep the warranty in tact

peteypab2133

Established Member
I would love to pull the motor and put a 3.5 ecoboost in there and boost it to a 1000hp.

Just kidding!

My order..

1) Tint (hot midwest)
2) Exhaust
3) Tune

Then as they dyno this thing with specific combos of parts, I will find what works best. I dont have the time anymore or money to do my own r&d...

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Headers, off road X, catback, CAI, wider meat and a tune. I don't need anymore power than that. :beer:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
No way I would do only a resonator delete on a 2013 GT500. It will be the same CAI as on the 2010-2012 cars. Jon Lund knows it doesn't take much to overrun the MAF sensor counts with that intake. Upgrade to the JLT 127mm CAI, and call it a day.

Redzone

Established Member
I'll have a set of DR's waiting in the garage mounted on some CCW's.

SVT RICK

Established Member
I will have this done when I pick up at dealership.Rear window louvers from MRT that I have ordered..Side rear louvers same color as car..Viper alarm system..Window tint and a local detail guy to take care when all is done..Wife will throw a fit it's not like I want it when I pick it up...She will not know about the CAI-tune and maybe throttle body..I'm sure more to come later..

Users who are viewing this thread