What are your s197 spring rates

KILRSVT

Established Member
In the never ending quest to reduce lap times I would like to up the spring rate on my car . I believe my current spring rate is 350 up front and 250 rear .what spring combos are you guys running on your s197 I am thinking of doing a bigger front adjustable sway bar as well . Thanks in advance

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am not running an S197, but based on the front end weight of those cars I am sure you could go to a 400-425 front spring, no problem. Not sure what the correct complimentary rear spring would be. You need to make sure your struts and shocks can handle the new spring rate. I would not make a decision on the sway bar until you get your springs and dampers installed then determine the sway bar based on your over steer/under steer characteristics.

darreng505

Established Member
700lb front 400lb rear, but the spring rates need to compliment your total weight, entire suspension, downforce and braking power - but foremost depending on your application/use. The dampers have to be valved to the springs rate otherwise the two will be fighting against each other.

darreng505

Established Member
Vorshlag was suggesting 850 in the front and Capaldi was suggesting 600. So i split the difference and built the setup around 700. Both vorshlag and capaldi race but in different arenas so theyre data is useful. I just combined a little from each.

KILRSVT

Established Member
My current spring rates are 350 up front with a 150" helper spring " (eibach r2 coil overs) and my rear springs are 250.... I am thinking of doing more spring rate in the back and a bigger front sway bar .

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
The Boss 302S cars came from the factory with 600F and 350R. These obviously are coil-over spring rates.

Tune your car with spring rates, fine tune handling by adjusting an adjustable sway bar.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

WPBcobra

Established Member
I dont have a s197 but i have 475 in the front and 350 rears with a smallest sway bar in the front.
My friend that also races with me has a s197 and he has 600 front and 450 rear

Sirl

Established Member
Vorshlag was suggesting 850 in the front and Capaldi was suggesting 600. So i split the difference and built the setup around 700. Both vorshlag and capaldi race but in different arenas so theyre data is useful. I just combined a little from each.

LoL, Best answer yet!

wheelhopper

Established Member
Well obviously the S197 cars take more spring rate than the older Mustangs. Good to know if my next track car is a newer Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread