What belt size for 2.8 upper and 2lb Lower - 1 idler

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
I posted this a few days ago but ill try and help you out. I have the same combo except 2.76 upper and im sqeezing on a 76" gatorback belt (real tight) I also had the tabs broken on my tensioner to fit a tighter belt. part # is 4080760. That belt size might be the correct size or maybe try .5" more for a 2.8 upper. Right now I see no belt slip at all.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
o4cOb|2a said:
I posted this a few days ago but ill try and help you out. I have the same combo except 2.76 upper and im sqeezing on a 76" gatorback belt (real tight) I also had the tabs broken on my tensioner to fit a tighter belt. part # is 4080760. That belt size might be the correct size or maybe try .5" more for a 2.8 upper. Right now I see no belt slip at all.

Cool thanks!.. one thing though, the metco instructions have a list belts suggested.. w/2lb kit they suggest a 77in Belt, which seems to be right on par with what your saying too..

I'm assuming the Metco instructions are assuming there is no Idler.. Are you using an idler too?

I wonder if I could go with 77 without having to break any tabs.

B.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
yes I have one 100mm idler thats it. If you havn't broken the tabs on the tensioner try a 77" or 78"

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
fr03cobra said:
moving up in the world huh Brian? lol

actually hes on the downward spiral of boost addiction...."im just gonna try a 2.93", now look at him :pepper:

jason

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Thanks for the info on the belt size guys!. the 77.4 from Napa worked perfectly. Got the lower installed and everything looks great!.

B.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Installing a 2lb lower.. Making my combo a 2.80 upper with 1 upper 100mm Idler. Need to know what size belt I'd need.

Thanks
B.

Please post your numbers or pm them to me when done. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread