What belt size please help going crazy

Redfire04Austin

Okay I know we got a million charts online to reference to about what belt sizes we need but I just order the one I thought would work and it’s to small please help I have the stock lower crank pulley, stock alternator pulley, billitflow 2.760 supercharger pulley, the new style billitflow 4 piece snub idler kit with 3 100mm pulleys and one 92mm pulley.. I don’t think it makes a difference but the idler next to crank is in the higher spot.. the belt I tired was the green gates 75.13” I’m thinking maybe I need the 76.5” because some charts say add .5 when switching from 90mm idler to 100m but I’m not sure thanks in advance guys.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I would check out a Whipple adjustable auxiliary pulley I'm just hearing about

olympic

Established Member
I think you need to add 1" for the snub idler and 0.5" for each 100mm idler, so 73.5+1+1.5=76". Easiest way to be sure it to warp a piece of string around the pullies and then measure it's length. You have to do it with the tensioner roughly in it's operating position so a helper may be required. If you can find an old 80+" belt (even a 6 rib), you can cut it in one spot and use that to measure for a littbe better accuracy.

MG0h3

Established Member
I’m running an 080765 with a 2.9 upper. It’s a 2.9 Whipple so not sure if the snout is higher?? Standard idler and snub kit with stock lower

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TP03

Established Member
Okay I know we got a million charts online to reference to about what belt sizes we need but I just order the one I thought would work and it’s to small please help I have the stock lower crank pulley, stock alternator pulley, billitflow 2.760 supercharger pulley, the new style billitflow 4 piece snub idler kit with 3 100mm pulleys and one 92mm pulley.. I don’t think it makes a difference but the idler next to crank is in the higher spot.. the belt I tired was the green gates 75.13” I’m thinking maybe I need the 76.5” because some charts say add .5 when switching from 90mm idler to 100m but I’m not sure thanks in advance guys.

I ran a 4080750 continental elite which I believe is 75" and had a similar setup, only difference is UPR brand instead of billetflow. One thing here is you won't get the belt on unless you remove the top snub idler. Then while releasing tension, put snub back on.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
I think you need to add 1" for the snub idler and 0.5" for each 100mm idler, so 73.5+1+1.5=76". Easiest way to be sure it to warp a piece of string around the pullies and then measure it's length. You have to do it with the tensioner roughly in it's operating position so a helper may be required. If you can find an old 80+" belt (even a 6 rib), you can cut it in one spot and use that to measure for a littbe better accuracy.

This is correct, 76"

srdigital

Established Member
i had this exact setup. used a green stripe K080765. my tensioner was notched as per whipple instruction, but it never went past stock range on the notch.

Redfire04Austin

Well guys I think I figured it out the car has the metco lower pulley kit where you can swap rings with the 6 Allen wrench bolts well it has the kit but the stock ring as stated I didn’t know it but when using the kit even with stock ring metco recommends adding 1” to 1.5” to length of belt due to reposition of crank pulley I didn’t install this lower pulley kit so I was not sure if the position moves from stock or not.. Also I had a old green gates that was shredded down to a 6 rib I cut and measured it was 77.5” which is .5” longer then metco recommends ima go with a 77 and hope for the best

03' White Snake

Established Member
No one gives you the right answer......

Run a string around the pullies like a belt, max out the tensioner, pull the string tight and mark the string. Remove it and measure it with a tape measure. I subtract 1/2" - 1" due to the string stretch and I have never been wrong yet.

Users who are viewing this thread