What brakes do I have? What e-brake cables do I need?

DRCjasper

Established Member
I recently bought an 89 Notch that had a 5 lug conversion, of unknown origin, done by a prior owner. I need to get the e-brake connected and I'm unsure what I need to buy. I've been searching the topic for over a week but I'm still unclear as to what the setup is. The calipers have Ford 107786 KH stamped on them and the rotors are ~ 11" diameter. My searches indicate these are most likely Lincoln Mark VII or SVO brakes.

1) Are they in fact Lincoln or SVO brakes?
2) What e-brake cables do I need to make this setup work?

I would greatly appreciate any insight. Thanks

Last edited:

DRCjasper

Established Member
Yes they are. I have checked some parts suppliers and found the caliper they show for the Lincoln and the SVO do seem to match the ones on my car.

DRCjasper

Established Member
Anyone have any idea on the parking brake cable?

Stock doesn't have the right connector at the end. The one for the Lincoln is too short. Seems like I should be using the one for an SVO. It's twice the cost of the stock piece I I got with the car and it seems like a c-clip and spring at the end are about the only differences. Anyone one else done this before?

93sspcoupe

Established Member
check 5.0 resto and companys like that. they make cables designed for foxes that have been swapped to rear discs.

DRCjasper

Established Member
Called 5.0 resto. They asked for some pictures of my brakes and were able to confirm, they are from an SVO. Got my cables ordered. Thanks 93sspcoupe.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
Called 5.0 resto. They asked for some pictures of my brakes and were able to confirm, they are from an SVO. Got my cables ordered. Thanks 93sspcoupe.

np. glad to help. i need to order me some new ones since i did a rear disc swap several months ago. lol. i got mach1 front brakes and 99 gt rears.

DRCjasper

Established Member
np. glad to help. i need to order me some new ones since i did a rear disc swap several months ago. lol. i got mach1 front brakes and 99 gt rears.

How's the clearance front and back? I'm looking to change up my wheels but most of the options I like are at least 9 inch wide and it would be nice to be able to fit a 10.5 in the rear. (I'm going to pro dumps and the quad shocks are removed)

93sspcoupe

Established Member
How's the clearance front and back? I'm looking to change up my wheels but most of the options I like are at least 9 inch wide and it would be nice to be able to fit a 10.5 in the rear. (I'm going to pro dumps and the quad shocks are removed)

ive got plenty of clearance on mine, but i got a 17x8 wheel i think back spacing is 5.95. with stock length axles and drums my tires would rub the tail pipes slightly. "275 40 17 rear tire" with sn95 axles and disc brakes ive got plenty of clearance. a 9 inch wide wheel will fit. but a 10.5 will require some massaging to fit. i can post some pics of my setup if youd like

93sspcoupe

Established Member
255 40 17 front tire. slightly rub inner fender when i turn all the way. but i also lowered my car some.

DRCjasper

Established Member
Definitely post some pics. I have the same problem now. Mine has 17x8 bullet wheels with235 wide tires on the front and Eibach lowering springs. The front rubs when I turn all the way to get in and out of the garage. I've seen tons of these cars with 9" wide wheels in the front though, I know it can be done. Just need to find out the right setup.

As for the rears, I checked clearance on them today. The prior owner gave me some 03 cobra wheels with 245 wide nitto 555r he was using to race. I have plenty of clearance with them and a set of 275 M/Ts in my garage. Should be good to go there.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
what are you wanting pics of specificly? you can fit a 9 inch wide wheel up front. but a 8in is more ideal imo

DRCjasper

Established Member
Just some shots of how it looks. Nothing specific. Would like to see the wheels, fender gaps, maybe a shot from the back to see the 275 rears.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
not the best pics, but you get the idea. lol
mycar3.jpg

mycar.jpg

mycar4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread