What brakes do I have? What e-brake cables do I need?

DRCjasper

Established Member
there ok. ima lower the rear more. oneday. lol

I'm looking to go the opposite route. My car came with Eibach Pro springs but I'm planning on using 4cyl front springs and looking for a pair of stock coupe springs for the rear.

blownfox

Established Member
If you want a 10.5 rear wheel fox axle will work the best. The sn95 axles are wider. I run 315 35 17 nitto on a 10.5 with fox lenght axles. I roll the fenders, hammer the inner fender and moved the tailpipes closer to the gas tank.

DRCjasper

Established Member
If you want a 10.5 rear wheel fox axle will work the best. The sn95 axles are wider. I run 315 35 17 nitto on a 10.5 with fox lenght axles. I roll the fenders, hammer the inner fender and moved the tailpipes closer to the gas tank.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I don't imagine it can be done without rolling the fenders huh? Also, what size front wheels do you run?

blownfox

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I don't imagine it can be done without rolling the fenders huh? Also, what size front wheels do you run?

The fronts are 17 x 9 and the tires are 245 x 40 x 17. I used 94 spindles.
I'll try to get some pics of the rear, but I don't think the tires would fit without rolling the lip. I had 275 40 on the 10.5 rim but the tire looked small on the rim. The lip was not rolled when I had that 275 on.

DRCjasper

Established Member
The fronts are 17 x 9 and the tires are 245 x 40 x 17. I used 94 spindles.
I'll try to get some pics of the rear, but I don't think the tires would fit without rolling the lip. I had 275 40 on the 10.5 rim but the tire looked small on the rim. The lip was not rolled when I had that 275 on.

Nice. I've been looking for some info from someone running 9 inch wide on the front. In addition to the 94 spindles, what brakes are you running, what backspace are the wheels, is the car lowered, do you have a stock K member, any other mods needed to make them fit?

I appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks!

blownfox

Established Member
Nice. I've been looking for some info from someone running 9 inch wide on the front. In addition to the 94 spindles, what brakes are you running, what backspace are the wheels, is the car lowered, do you have a stock K member, any other mods needed to make them fit?

I appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks!

what brakes are you running = 03-04 Cobra brakes
what backspace are the wheels = 5.85 and the offset is +24mm
is the car lowered = Yes with steeda sport springs
do you have a stock K member = yes, but will be switching to a team Z k-member
any other mods needed to make them fit = no. I was running a 9 in rim on fox spindles.

These were taken with my cell, so sorry for the quality
IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

DRCjasper

Established Member
Thanks man! Appreciate all the info. One last question. What year is your car? I've heard the 90-93 cars had a little more room in the front fenders.

blownfox

Established Member
My car is a 90, but I thought the fenders changed in 91 to make room for the 16'' pony wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread