what brand tshirt do you wear that dont shrink too much

GrayGhost03

Established Member
im 6'1 and wear xl tshirts of various brands but after washing them most all shrink and become too short for my liking (plumbers crack). the only ones that keep their size are the ecko shirts and some of them ive had 2 or 3 years. anything nike or hanes is the worst, id like to buy something else besides ecko. what brand shirts do you wear? im tired of throwing money away on shirts that shrink to mediums after a couple of washes. thanks

Dragu1a

Established Member
in for responses. i'm 6'2" and can't stand it when my shirts shrink "up"(mainly my wife beaters) and won't stay tucked in. i quit washing them in hot water, i tumble dry on low heat...i'm tired of having my ass hanging out bc my shirt comes untucked.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Are you guys buying the correct size?

I am 6'-5" and have found that you need to buy "tall" sizes if you do not like the "plumbers crack" look.

The tall sizes will add an additional 2-3" in length. They can be more difficult to find but it is worth it. Make sure the size ends with a "T", like 2XLT.

Here are a few places I have found:

Big and Tall Clothing | Big Mens Clothing | Big Man's Land

T-Shirts For Men, Short Sleeve Shirts, Cotton Shirts - Duluth Trading

Big and Tall | Big and Tall Men's Clothing - Destination XL

Good Luck

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I'm 6'6" 230 with a 60" chest, needless to say my t-shirts tear if I'm doing work at the gym, flexing.

POPPAJ

Established Member
Take a look at Eddie Bauer and LL Bean. My t's and flannel's are properly sized to begin with and even my wife can't shrink them. With cheaper stuff and my wife's washing technique after a few washes you can use them for hand puppets.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I have a lot of guy Harvey's.... Cold wash 100% of the time and dry for 5 min at first on low heat to unwrinkle and then air dry. I always get a lot of use out of mine.

GrayGhost03

Established Member
ill try the hanging and low heat dry. i never stepped into a big and tall store cuz i thought it was grandpa style clothes..ill give it a try next time i drive by one. thanks for the links

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Dickies from Wal-Mart own all other T's for around the house wear.

Blown 89

Established Member
Your wash routine is what is shrinking them. Wash on cold (you should wash colors on cold anyway) and line dry them. I've heard fabric softener shrinks shirts too but I haven't had any problems.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I am 7'3 and I usually buy in the big and tall section but If i want comfort I have to have them custom made which is a PITA and $$$$

cobra96stang

Established Member
I don't really wear t-shirts much besides for under shirts but Van Huesen makes the best ones I have found, never shrink and the collar always stays nice on them.

Users who are viewing this thread