What Cams Are Yall Running

C666

Established Member
Wow! I would say thats low timing and high boost haha. What does your car weigh?

Not IMO if you can run it on pump gas its not High boost... We have run 35psi 35-40 is high for this combo teens is lowboost twentys is midboost, remember stock unported heads so it takes more boost to make similar power compared to ported heads 3300.

wow! how long have you been running that power on the stock bottom end?

The last 100% stock longblock had 750 8-9sec passes on it when a cyl went lean we think the injector caused it.... long story but we ended up with a combo that makes pwr much quicker not all top end power like the old setup so we put good rods in this motor its sill stock comp w je pistons other wise its stock cubes crank heads cams etc.

+1 stock bottom end? I need to do some reading on E85...

E85 works well

BIGWHUP03

Established Member
Wow. What kind of RWHP does your car make? I would do E85 if I could justify it to myself to spend the money on the injectors and driving an hour to get the fuel... If my car will run those kinds of times with meth I would be thrilled!

C666

Established Member
Wow. What kind of RWHP does your car make? I would do E85 if I could justify it to myself to spend the money on the injectors and driving an hour to get the fuel... If my car will run those kinds of times with meth I would be thrilled!

Old setup made 1004rwhp thru an unlocked 4r70w at 33psi E98 race gas

New setup made 600rwhp on 16 psi and 900rwhp on 26psi E98 race gas

Did not dyno the E85 but we went 8.9 at 154 the goal was to drive it to the track run 8's and drive it home on E85 b4 turning it up with E98 but now that we know there is more left on the table power and suspension wise I am planning to keep tuning the E85 see if we can run a 8.7 or whatever she can safley run.

C666

Established Member
Wow that is really impressive. Did you notice a big ET difference between the glide and the 4R70W?

We changed the glide and converter but the glide converter was 8" and very loose worked great at the track on low boost could not hold med-high boost...

Not a fair comparison but at 19psi 4r70w 11.0 and 19psi glide 9.9 differnt tracks some of that was converter.

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Stock Cobra cams or FordGT cams for under 1000rwhp. Plenty of people making huge power with OEM cams.

SSeatr

Established Member
i have crower stage 3's right now we'll see how they do with the turbo kit but i will be investing in custom grinds in the future

Users who are viewing this thread